Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Re: A common problem for me: AK @ 3/6 Party

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the turn there is about 4 BB's in the pot. You have six outs at odds of 7 to 1.

[/ QUOTE ]
I see no reason on the turn to believe that I don't have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought so at the time to. I figured he had a flush draw or some other draw.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This has been a common occurring situation for me. What should I do on this turn with my AK UI HU? Is there no simple answer to this and is it completely read related? I really am getting pretty lazy with noting players at my table because I have been playing 7-8 tables. Comments on all streets appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, do you think there is room for improvement while you play 7 tables and don't pay attention to your opponents? No offense, but this game is not solitaire.

You have a tough situation, a marginal hand out of position. Your play is reasonable. If your focus is on quanity of hands, let it go at that.

However, if you want to tweak your play in a situation like this, you have to start by paying attention to your opponents' postflop play. Consider playing 3-4 tables, and adding each additional one gradually while you get some reads. Or even play 2 tables and really pay attention. You will gain confidence and learn a lot more.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i play it the same...

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too
But I've also lost 118 $ at 2/4 in 152 tries with AKo [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the turn there is about 4 BB's in the pot. You have six outs at odds of 7 to 1.

[/ QUOTE ]
I see no reason on the turn to believe that I don't have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

What range of hands do you put the villian on after cold calling preflop and calling the flop? I don not think a turn bet is bad. I just think it's unecessary in a pot this small.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet because I thought there was a good chance villain would fold, and if not he was probably drawing to a flush and I was ahead... Like you said with the pot this small the bet may be unnecessary, but I also didn't want to give the villain a chance to bluff when I could not call on the turn.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This has been a common occurring situation for me. What should I do on this turn with my AK UI HU? Is there no simple answer to this and is it completely read related? I really am getting pretty lazy with noting players at my table because I have been playing 7-8 tables. Comments on all streets appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, do you think there is room for improvement while you play 7 tables and don't pay attention to your opponents? No offense, but this game is not solitaire.

You have a tough situation, a marginal hand out of position. Your play is reasonable. If your focus is on quanity of hands, let it go at that.

However, if you want to tweak your play in a situation like this, you have to start by paying attention to your opponents' postflop play. Consider playing 3-4 tables, and adding each additional one gradually while you get some reads. Or even play 2 tables and really pay attention. You will gain confidence and learn a lot more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Duly noted, and I think I am going to start to cutback on the amt of tables I play until I am confident in my play and ability to note take while playing.