Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 04-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Travis Travis is offline
Junior Member

Default SnG Collusion

I just got an email from Stars about a couple of players colluding in SnG's. They refunded $24.63 to my account - kind of a strange number but I since I've been playing $25 turbos recently I guess its my share of what's left of their bankroll for one turbo.

My question is this I guess --- and maybe this is a stupid question and there is an obvious answer --- what sort of an advantage do these guys have in a Turbo SnG. It seems pretty obvious the advantages a team has playing limit or no limit cash games but its less obvious that team play is exceptionally helpful in SnG's. Especially turbos where post flop play is less important. If your team is buying in for 2 buyins, you need to be averaging at least a 2nd ever time to make money.

I can't remember seeing anything that screamed out at me as team play recently. Playing turbos you see frequently some really silly allin play early but I always just chalk that up to "Turbo Madness." If these guys strategy was to chip dump early giving one player 3000 chips and busting out the other early, I can't imagine that this would be a cost effective strategy in a Turbo. Maybe the strategy is that both play their "best poker" and if one player gets a large stack he helps the other slide into the money? Perhaps when they get to 3 or 4 handed play the big stack only attacks the other two players and allows his buddy to coast and build a few chips?

Anyone have insight into what to look out for or worry about? I hadn't really been concerned about team play in SnG's and wonder if I should. Nice to see that Stars caught these guys.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Magic8Ball Magic8Ball is offline
Junior Member

Default Re: SnG Collusion

Yes.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:47 PM
pooh74 pooh74 is offline
Senior Member

ive seen attempted collusion at the stars 25s before and wrote to PS...they closed the accts then let them off with a warning and never to play together again i think...anyway, here is the correspondence:

Hello xxxxx,

Thank you for your report, just a 'progress report' for you. I have closed
both players accounts and written to ask them for an explanation of their
play in certain hands - as is our procedure in these cases. When our
investigation is complete I will be in touch with you again with our
findings.

Regards,

xxxxxx
PokerStars Support Team

Old 04-06-2005, 01:11 PM
syka16 syka16 is offline
Senior Member

Location: San Diego

[ QUOTE ]

My question is this I guess --- and maybe this is a stupid question and there is an obvious answer --- what sort of an advantage do these guys have in a Turbo SnG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Collusion that doesn't involve knocking the other player out. The limp UTG reraise allin against a player in LP who folds works. Playing the better hand. Stuff like that. Don't understand why they would bother at 25. It just takes more time and the edge could be matched just by taking the energy to collude and adding an other table. Maybe they thought they were being cool. Glad to see they take action at stars. I've reported a couple of times to Party and heard back within 30min. Just send an email with the table name and H# and they check it electronically.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Travis Travis is offline
Junior Member

[ QUOTE ]