Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Thinking like a good player can sometimes get you in trouble..

I apologize, Villian only has trips. I was typing quick at work and thinking too much at once. I typed hand history myself not copied from a request. I guess my own mistake was betting $10 on turn since my 1st instict was he was on AQ or AJ so my bet was bad, but i just sensed weakness..
Old 04-06-2005, 02:38 PM

He trapped you.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:07 PM

"he trapped you"

The 9 trapped him. I don't think op calls all in if river is blank.

Villian was out of position and pushes on the river. This doesn't look like a trap to me. It looks a little more like crazyness.

on flop I raise to see where I'm at. If called I lose confidence in my A. If 3bet I fold.

given flop action:
turn pick up flush draw and checked to-maybe A is good and you have outs and aggression is good, they say. you 1/2 pot it and get called-now I've lost confidence in the A but you execute a skillfull move by drawing out his larger A but then...

he pushes,
whew, good thing you have position or you would've bet into him and couldn't get away but wait! he couldn't be that bad or crazy.

Really I can't disaggree with your river call.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"he trapped you"

The 9 trapped him. I don't think op calls all in if river is blank.

Villian was out of position and pushes on the river. This doesn't look like a trap to me. It looks a little more like crazyness.

Traps usually do not look like traps. It was a trap that looked like a bluff, hense the 'tricky' play or trap. Maybe 'trap' is technically not the correct wording. By 'trap' I mean tricked him into calling the all in. I get your point about the '9 trapping him' as he might not have called the all in with just a pr of aces and a weak kicker. So the vilian put a play on him to confuse him.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:09 PM

"Traps usually do not look like traps. It was a trap that looked like a bluff, hense the 'tricky' play or trap. Maybe 'trap' is technically not the correct wording. By 'trap' I mean tricked him into calling the all in. I get your point about the '9 trapping him' as he might not have called the all in with just a pr of aces and a weak kicker. So the vilian put a play on him to confuse him. "

I would aggree. If villian is thinking I would say that he "presented a bluff". I think it would be extreme to check-call this turn in order to set up this bluff presentation. Therefore I tend to suspect that opp is an idiot but I could be wrong.