Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Doyle\'s response can\'t go unnoticed.

The way it was worded you jackass. "Come to Vegas and you WILL get played with"sounds gay. How bout, come to Vegas and someone will play poker with you. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2005, 07:43 PM

Location: Chicago, IL. Born, Raised, and in Chicago, I\'ll Die.

I see where you're coming from and calling me a jackass is as gross as this wording that you speak of. Now, if you knew me and I were playing cat and mouse over a heads up game, I would say that you're wording is justified.

The history of this story is well documented and had no problems until Beal was non-respondent and out of nowhere says that if they can't be in Shreveport on the 11th, there will be no game when Brunson and Co. said that they would play, but only at Bellagio.

They're not gonna leave Vegas to make someone famous through Barry Shulman's blog. Again, I ask, "Why is this gross?"

[ QUOTE ]
How bout, come to Vegas and someone will play poker with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't about public relations. These are not entertainers. They are poker players. It surprises you that a Texas road gambler would speak like this? Are you kidding me?
Old 04-05-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again, I ask, "Why is this gross?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I need to draw you a picture? ARGGHHH, I know what he meant, I know that's just how he talks, I know he wasn't insuaiting that he wanted to molest Beal but it was funny because normal people don't freakin talk like that. I mearly pointed this out and you went off on some crazy tanget like a jackass, hence the use of the term.

P.S.
If you really do need a pic of Doyle "playing" with Beal I'm sure I could photoshop something.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:34 PM

Location: Chicago, IL. Born, Raised, and in Chicago, I\'ll Die.

[ QUOTE ]
Why's this gross? This isn't wrestling. It's poker. Beal's calling them out, he dangles them on a string, starts whining about the possiblility of getting embarrassed, and says to be in a certain city on the 11th.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry for this "tantrum." ^^^ [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I just never looked at professional gamblers at having etiquette standards. I'm always surprised when I come across gamblers that DO have great etiquette and DON'T take jabs at any spot that they can
Old 04-05-2005, 08:36 PM

Your just immature? Reading into someone's comments when it wasnt stated anywhere near that fashion is just being immature.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your just immature? Reading into someone's comments when it wasnt stated anywhere near that fashion is just being immature.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Huh? Are you...asking...... me a..... question....?

You're a jackass too?
Old 04-05-2005, 08:50 PM

I wasn't going to respond to this thread because I can't disclose much of the negotiations. But I think it is necessary to state two things.

1. A match without hole cards isn't worth very much to the televsion networks these days. The estimates of its value are way off.

2. Andy has not been very unreasonable. There are real timing issues. We don't want to play during the Bellagio tournament, and Andy has plans in early May.

Barry
Old 04-06-2005, 12:26 PM

With no hand cams, I think you are definitely correct that the broadcast rights would not be worth that much. I find the old WSOP's on ESPN Classic nearly unwatchable, and I am quite the poker junkie.

Thanks for chiming in Mr. Greenstein.