Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 04:35 PM

Default A-10s, flop a gutshot in a big pot

"I was playing online at party poker today when this hand came up. I have ace-ten of hearts in middle position. Two guys in front of me call, I raise, two more guys call, the button reraises, the two guys in front of me call, I call, the next guy caps it, and everyone calls. The flop is J clubs - K hearts - 5 diamonds. Everyone checks to the guy who capped it preflop, he bets, the button guy raises, one guy folds and the rest of us call. Was this an ok call? I have a straight draw and an ace and I could even catch running hearts to make the best possible flush so I thought it was ok for me to call, with the pot odds and stuff. Anyways I rivered a Queen for the best straight and I beat this guy who had pocket Kings for trip Kings and he started insulting my play. I'm trying to learn how to play tighter and stuff and I'm wondering if I should have done something differently here."
Old 04-05-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: A-10s, flop a gutshot in a big pot

You played it just fine. Did you check-raise the river?
Old 04-05-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: A-10s, flop a gutshot in a big pot

I am still a noob but here is what I think... What was the action on the turn? I don't know about the call on the flop, I would say you are getting implied odds there. The turn though, need a little more info.