Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Is UB relatively permissive about multiple accts?

I have a friend who tells me that he had absolutely no problem opening up multiple (like 4 or 5) UB accounts, suggesting that they are MUCH laxer than Party et al. when it comes to enforcing the 1 acct per person rule.

I'm tossing around the idea of opening up a second UB account for purposes of "that whose name we must not speak". Any anecdotes about the ease with which a second UB acct may be opened?
Old 04-05-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Is UB relatively permissive about multiple accts?

I dont know about 4 or 5 but I had an account a few years ago that I put $25 in (and lost) and then just played play money on. When I wanted to sign up to get the deposit bonus and play more full time I was able to create a new account with a new name with no problems. Granted I never use the old one but its still there. Guess I should use it when there is a reload, but that would be too smart [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2005, 05:21 PM

I have a related question, can anyone here relay the results of their attempt to convert an existing UB account to fall under a program that we can't name but her generic initials are RB?

One such site suggests writing customer support and just asking, saying that if worded properly, a site such as UB would rather go ahead and do it than lose a customer. I've been playing on UB for several years and besides the name change I'd prefer to hang on to my Ultimate Points.

Short of that "my wife" could easily open an account, but I'd rather keep mine.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:52 PM

UB will request any username change you want. Just talk to their support staff. If you are using seperate Neteller/Firepay accounts, then I dont see how they could care about multiple accounts. If all these accounts are coming from the same IP address they might catch on to that. Also if the accounts all have listed the same D.O.B.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:00 PM

i'm not really sure but i think there is a 'create new account' button there which is something I guess I find curious.

I played at UB for the first time in FOREVER a couple days ago.

For some reason I checked out one of their UB-points SNG's.
Fun and silly table (it is only player-points afterall).
The chip leader at our table mentioned that he needed to wrap it up quickly because he was signed-up for the MTT freeroll on his 'other' account at the top of the hour.

Well...eventually he left to go play in that and he came back and chatted at our table under the name of his OTHER account basically just keeping an eye on his chip-stack getting blinded-aay while he was sitting out.

So for this guy anyway it seemed pretty easy to have 2 accounts.
He returned to our SNG in time to win the whole thing BTW (I finished 2nd).
Old 04-05-2005, 08:15 PM

Rakeback at UB is hardly worth the bother, they only credit you with "rake" for pots you actually contribute too, unlike most other sites that credit you for dealt hands.

I really wouldn't risk losing my money creating multiple accounts for it anyhow!

Mat
Old 04-05-2005, 08:34 PM

I have 3 accounts with UB, Main one, My wife and i signed up as an affiliate as well. No problems just had to keep separate email accounts. Good luck

BC: "Scotty"