Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 4) Same scenario as above but your hand is Q4s.
Call 58 18.41%
Fold 248 78.73%
Raise 4 1.27%
Abstain 5 1.59%
Voters: 315. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Kinda OT (Tilt Poll)

I voted "Yes, but not as much as I used to".

Not only am I not getting angry as much, I've also learned to:<ul type="square">[*]Only throw things that don't break.[*]Only break things that don't cost money.[*]Only punch things that don't hurt.[*]Stop playing when I am throwing/breaking/punching things.[/list]I also use keys other than h, n, t, and y in the chat box, but not nearly as much as I used to.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have noticed that bong hits are -EV to my usual frenetic mutlitabling. Lately it's been 8 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im fairly, um, experienced I guess you'd say, 8 is my norm too, I can handle 8 tables plus a little IM, email, surfing, whatever no prob.. I just got dual 21" CRTs at 2048x1536 each (it's ridiculously awesome!), I can get 9 tables on a screen with minimal overlap, so im gonna layoff the green this weekend and see if I can get 12 or 16 going on both! 2.3bb/hr * 16 tables + bonuses, ima have to quit my day job to be a pro .5/1 player! Still barely + at 1/2, heh wonder why...

[ QUOTE ]
On an unrelated note I find beer to be +EV or at worst nuetral for the first 6-pack or so. I become less risk averse and my weak tight instincts run and hide. After my 8th beer or so I am officially on spew patrol in more ways than one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alkeyhol, ya, I can't do that bro... I can physically play the tables just fine, I'm not timing out or anything, but I'm just dumb, hyper-LAGgy, chasing like a total fish... I'll drink for a while, but after a sixer I gotta go play BJ instead.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:55 PM

Thats seriously looks awesome. Must buy new monitor...
Old 04-05-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats seriously looks awesome. Must buy new monitor...

[/ QUOTE ]

I got each one for $160 shipped off ebay. They're monsters, but if you have room for em, you won't regret it. FP2001's, nice, but no thank you!
Old 04-05-2005, 05:16 PM

I rarely go on tilt. Worst than going on tilt is being tired. You start seeing cards that you don't have and that leads to a loss of a lot of money unintentionally.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:23 PM

I said if I get bad beated 10x in a row. Mainly because I don't know how to phrase that correctly either.

My last tilt a couple of weeks ago started when this fool bill collector kept calling while I was playing. "She doesn't live here anymore." 5 minutes later, "I told you she doesn't live here anymore." 5 minutes later, "Hello ... could you hold on a minute, I'm in the middle of a, no she doesn't, hold on (freaking donk cold calling 3 bets beats me with that?) no I told you, well then it was another guy there, are you calling from Bangalore or somewhere like that? Hello?" Two busted flush draws and 6BB later, "Hello, no I told you she ... (goddamit that donk just did it again) no she doesn't ... what? No she doesn't live here anymore. Hold on, I have another call. 'Hello ... oh hi honey. What? You blew $250 in the slots? Yeah I'm pissed! Wait, hold on there's a call on hold.' Hello ... I told you SHE DOES NOT LIVE HERE ANYMORE. No, I don't know where she ... what? She owes YOU money, not me. You find her. GOODBYE! (freakin yutz) 'Hello, still there, hon? OK, I'll pick you up at the bus. OK. OK!! Hold on ... (got you now you @#%&amp;* *click* WTF? No way he stays with that!) OK, I'll get you at the bus. Yeah I'm PO'd that you lost $250 playing stupid freaking slots. Hold on ... (crap, why am I calling 2 bets MP+1 with 10-8o? FOLD) OK when does the bus getin? NOW!!?? OK I'm leaving right now. What? You want me to take your friend home too? Where does she live? Oh, that's not far. Only 10 miles out of the way. Hold on there's another call.' 'Hello. She doesn't live here anymore!! Oh, it's you. Yeah I have some messages. A freaking bill collector keeps calling for you. Hey, I gotta go. Yeah I have to pick up your mom. I mean now. OK, luv ya too. Bye.' Hello, no she doesn't live here anymore. Look, call back in 2 minutes and talk to my machine. Good bye." Holy crap I just got blinded in and folded.

No, absolutely no reason to go on tilt here.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm back. Nothing to really report, as complications in the past weeks led to less live poker than I would have cared for. Still played, just not that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad. Hopefully you still have a bankroll.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:27 PM

what limit are you at now grunch?
Old 04-05-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm back. Nothing to really report, as complications in the past weeks led to less live poker than I would have cared for. Still played, just not that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad. Hopefully you still have a bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMK if some sort of limited staking agreement might help you out to get bonuses and such more quickly while playing 2/4. You're wasting your time at .5/1.

Rob
Old 04-05-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what limit are you at now grunch?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still at 5/1, but I've only taken 1000 hands at paradise. I should be at 1/2 in a few more hands.