Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Do you always acknowledge a 2+2er?

[ QUOTE ]
TT, you sly dog. I'm going to get into that pink chip game one of these days just for a crack at one...

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta earn one mate... send me a PM, I'll give you the info on the game. I'm just surprised to see someone mention a chip here.... its odd. Is this spreading in ways I don't know?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2005, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it when people telegraph that they are 2+2'ers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will keep this in mind. I have always played dumb to this point, and you may not be able to tell I frequent the 2+2 world based solely on my play. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

BTW, I have run into several "brown trout" related handles in the low limits at PS lately...none of them worthy in my estimation.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TT, you sly dog. I'm going to get into that pink chip game one of these days just for a crack at one...

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta earn one mate... send me a PM, I'll give you the info on the game. I'm just surprised to see someone mention a chip here.... its odd. Is this spreading in ways I don't know?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if you are referring to my mention of the chip.

I mentioned the chip because it was the only way for me to identify that I was playing with a 2+2er. Then again, I'm assuming that only 2+2ers have the brown trout chips.

The BEST thing about the having those two guys in the game was that they never tapped the glass. There were only a couple of fishy players in the game (20/40 Sat evening at the Borg) and they never said a word after the beats. Hell, I laid a fierce beat on one of the guys and he did not bitch once. I heard him relay the story but I overplayed my hand for a bet maybe two but neither of us was going anywhere in the hand and he took the beat like a man.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:09 PM

Brown trout chip? What is this about? I am soooo intrigued.......
Old 04-06-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brown trout chip? What is this about? I am soooo intrigued.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone included a photo of one in a recent trip report. Do a search... cool looking chips!
Old 04-06-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just wondering about the brown trout chip, where do you get one?

yeah... how?

TT

i wish i had one

[/ QUOTE ]

The list is short but distiguished. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

2 racks of red for the Borgata 20-40 $1000.00

2 stacks of white for tipping the hot waitresses and competent dealers $ 40.00

One Brown Trout Chip gifted to you from one of the nicest guys on 2+2? Priceless.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I have run into several "brown trout" related handles in the low limits at PS lately...none of them worthy in my estimation.

[/ QUOTE ]

That means squat, as usually does if knowing someone is a 2+2er. Sorry to say but probably 70-80% of the 2+2 audience (and quite probably higher) are losing players or breakeven at best. There are some very good and great 2+2 players but for every one great player there are 250 bad 2+2 players.

Fact is there are maybe a dozen or so 2+2 players that I would actively avoid in a game, the good 2+2 players rarely play together (except when Donking around) or when there is an extreme fish in a game to feed everyone. Except for maybe the extreme high limit games.

Most of te time when i get the sup bro or brown trout its not much cause for concern. Unless I know who it specifically is, then its worth keeping an eye on. But just because someone knows a "catch phrase" from a internet message board, doesn't concern me much until the prove they can play on the felt.

Now, there are certain friends of mine from this site that I do respect their play and keep a careful watch on when playing with them, (and the reverse may also be true) but by and large i don't sweat the sup bro comments until I know its someone worthy of that respect via their play or their 2+2 status.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One Brown Trout Chip gifted to you from one of the nicest guys on 2+2? Priceless.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a figurative tear in my eye... thanks Bunky. Thats the nicest thing anybody has said since I started playing this game. If there was ever anyone who deserved to be trouted... its you mate.

TT - a founding member of the Bunk-TT mutual admiration society [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a figurative tear in my eye...

[/ QUOTE ]

It better be figurative, don't go getting all mushy on me.

[ QUOTE ]
Thats the nicest thing anybody has said since I started playing this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well deserved, every bit of it. People think I'm such a smack sometimes, I don't get it. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
If there was ever anyone who deserved to be trouted... its you mate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awwww, shucks. I can think of some people probably more worthy though.

[ QUOTE ]
TT - a founding member of the Bunk-TT mutual admiration society

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as this means were not a "couple" than I'm okay with this club. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]