Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: IN THE TANK - Q high flush on double-paired board

[ QUOTE ]
SB called on the flop with his lone J because he KNEW that a J is coming on the turn. He bet on the turn because he KNEW that if you made a flush you may push which he would have called because he KNEW that he'll fill up on the river.

SB is a hacker. FOLD. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know how serious you are being but here's how i replayed it to myself on the river.

he check-called the flop. this could be done with a jack, especially if he thinks i'm using my position to try to represent an ace. the turn comes another jack but also brings a 3-flush. he bets pretty hard. no he's either bluffing with the scare card or he made trip jacks and is scared of the 3-flush. i figure i'm way ahead here even if he has trip jacks and i hope he continues to bet on the river. he could potentially have 8 outs - 3 other aces, 3 other 3's, and the 2 jacks. in hindsight any spade could have given him the k-high flush so there's some more.

i really should have pushed the turn but i got greedy. i think he would have called the turn push anyways though so i don't know why i didn't do it in the first place. maybe it allowed me to get away from the hand when the river came bad. hmmm.