Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 08:18 AM

Default Re: Check Check Bet

why not check raise or bet out the the turn? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2005, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay I put him on 99-QQ, lower for some reason, most likely his river action gave me 99. Throughout the hand, I put him on a pair that didnt touch the flop or turn (I dont think he has jacks). Pop up the turn. He bets/raises I say re-raise. I firmly believe especially with the A helping u, u are ahead. He might even fold beliving his low pair is beat.

If he had 99 he sucked out with a set. Pop the turn, maybe ppl will disagree, but Im going with a read that u are ahead. And yes, fold to a bet on the flop without the backdoor flush out there.

EDIT: Just saw results. Haha, he did have 99. Pop the turn, he might have folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

check/call on the turn is standard.

don't be results oriented.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay I put him on 99-QQ, lower for some reason, most likely his river action gave me 99. Throughout the hand, I put him on a pair that didnt touch the flop or turn (I dont think he has jacks). Pop up the turn. He bets/raises I say re-raise. I firmly believe especially with the A helping u, u are ahead. He might even fold beliving his low pair is beat.

If he had 99 he sucked out with a set. Pop the turn, maybe ppl will disagree, but Im going with a read that u are ahead. And yes, fold to a bet on the flop without the backdoor flush out there.

EDIT: Just saw results. Haha, he did have 99. Pop the turn, he might have folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy the "Theory of Poker" by David Sklansky. You dont understand the FTOP.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your goal is to win money, not pots. You don't want him folding a 2-outer on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-05-2005, 10:27 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I check-fold flop
Old 04-05-2005, 10:37 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
I check-fold flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand- combos, outs
AA- 3, 1.5
KK- 6, 4.5
QQ- 3, 4.5
JJ- 3, 1 (discount 1/3 of backdoor clubs)
TT- 6, 7.5
99 (I'm discounting by half since he won't always 3-bet 99)- 3, 7.5
AK- 12, 4.5
AQ (same as for 99)- 4.5, 8 (see below)

for AQ, let's say you'll check fold the turn unless it's a club, A, or Q. that means you have 4 outs to chop by the turn, plus another 9 clubs (10 minus the Qc) to chop because he'll check through the river. so you have 13 outs to a chop, or 6.5 effective outs. then you have 1.5 outs for a flush, so 8 outs

4.85 outs

it's close. I don't know how to downgrade that for reverse implied odds, but every time you hit an A or a Q against AK, JJ, QQ (just a Q), AA, or KK, you're getting raised