Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2003, 01:10 PM

Default Latest version of Turbo Texas Holdem

I got the latest TTH a few days ago. I am really impressed with the upgrades. The graphics are much improved. As far as the play goes, I have been playing vs. the tough lineup for about 600 hands. The players are less predictable and more tricky. I could be wrong, but it seemed to me in the older version, last to act would 99% bet the flop and turn when checked to. Here, they take free cards at least occasionally, so checking for a raise is not guarenteed. The tough lineup is very tight, and almost every hand is raised before the flop. Limping first in will see a raise back quite often. Heads up play is common.

I just zip to the end when I fold so I havent really been playing my 'A' game. I have noticed some tendancies to exploit and expect to find more, but I am even in my game so far.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Latest version of Turbo Texas Holdem

Being even or very little ahead (in the long run) vs. those hardest to beat lineups (at least when not adjusting) has been bad news for a long time, as they make mistakes we don't, and still it's hard to make a profit with a $2-$4 game rake. Just telling what a monster the rake is, and that one sure needs some bad player/s to the table for not to lose vs. better playing humans, that though tend to be more predictable above $2-$4 (it's aggressive and overaggressive and tricky from many parts, many players being strange). The turbo players are from predictable parts overaggressive - with any ace, pocket pairs and overcards, and regularly reraising with them when check-raised on the flop or turn - not something humans do, so one is often forced to play differently against them, just like one would do vs. humans in some regular limit one is playing at. Only then they are beatable, just like in any type of a game one needs to adjust.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:54 AM

I have recently aquired this software as well, and am running one of its tests right now. I have so far found it to be alright. I dislike the fact that you have to pay to unlock the Analzyer, and am having problems freezing the deck/button.

If anyone knows of some tricks to get by these problems please feel free to share your knowledge.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:11 AM

In my opinion, Sid is good if you are a total beginer. Beyond that, its useless. I did get it free with the upgrade since I already bought it, and I did not have to unlock it again. So that was nice.
Old 02-13-2003, 02:22 PM

What problems are you having with freezing the button and/or stacking the deck?

We're talking about version 5, correct? What operating system do you have?
Old 02-14-2003, 12:06 PM

TTH V5 on Windows XP, P4, 2ghz.

No problems freezing the button. I just got it and haven't stacked the deck yet.
Old 02-14-2003, 12:09 PM

Default You talkin to me? oh...no