Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2003, 09:05 AM

Default HELP!!!!!!! Lost 800 BB in 2 weeks.....

In the past 2 weeks, I've been playing 1/2 5max on Paradise, and have lost 800 BB!!!! Normally I have a slightly positive win rate in this game (over the past 2 years). What's going on!

Today, this takes the take, this guy, JanTom, sitting to my left, is EATING UP THE TABLE! I'd get AA, he'd have A3, he'd call me and flop 33x. Then he'd have J7o and bluff his way and win the pot. Then he'll show a few more bluffs. Then I get TT, flop babies. He bets, and I check-raise him (he usually bets if checked to), he reraises me, he had QQ!!!!!

Then a few hands later, I have AK, he has AQ, I decide just to call preflop. I bet a baby flop, he RAISES me!!!! And on the river bets, and I fold (I don't want to get "tricked" by him again). HE SHOWS HIS AQ, I would have WON!!!!!

HOW THE HECK do you beat a player like this??????

Oh, I got KK 4 times tonight, lost every time. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Should I quit shorthanded play? Am I on the losing streak from hell???????

- Tony
Old 02-12-2003, 09:14 AM

Default Re: HELP!!!!!!! Lost 800 BB in 2 weeks.....

Next hand...... I have 99, I limp UTG, mr bluffer lucky sonnab#$#%$# calls with 36o, someone else has 55, 2 others call.

Flop 823!!!!! Someone bets I raise everyone calls. Turn a 4, river a A!!!!
And Mr JanTom lucky mofo has the balls to BLUFF. and get this, 55 JUST CALLS. $27 pot...... un@#$@#$@#$ believable........
Old 02-12-2003, 09:26 AM

Another hand that just happened now. JanTom has T7o UTG, and limps. I have AQo and someone else has I don't know, and raises preflop, I reraise, JanTom (currently at $176 from $100) CALLS with T7o!!!!!

Flop J8x, a bet and JanTom CALLS! Turn a T and river a FREAKING T! And it gets CHECKED through on the river!

- Tony
Old 02-12-2003, 09:33 AM

Lost some more hands, haven't won a single hand in the last 45 minutes. Had $800 in my Paradise account last month. Right now I have $26, and it's all sitting at a 1/2 5max table. After I bust out, that's it for me, no more Paradise, not sure why I can't win but I just can't, probably cause the players there are tough!
Old 02-12-2003, 09:43 AM

Down to $18.... KJo, flop KQ9, turn a 8, river a 7. Someone bets river, someone else raises...... I fold, original river better FOLDS!

Next hand, I get AQo on the button, and raise. JanTom calls of course, flop Q high, JanTom bets, I just smooth call, (saving raise for turn). Turn comes an Ace, and JanTom CALLS! Why does he check NOW??????? Can he read my hand? Anyways, I bet, and he calls me down to the river. Back up to $28. Woohoooo I get to play another 15 minutes....

- Tony
Old 02-12-2003, 09:58 AM

Ok, I was starting to think JanTom was a good player, but he's playing about 80% of his hands! Check out hand history #272,353,571... A raise with T4o UTG, someone reraises preflop and he calls.

Then this hand just occured, I raise QQ UTG+1, he calls with 34h on the button! Flop A66, I bet, HE CALLS. Turn a 4, check-check. River a 2, I check, he bets, I call and win.

WOOHOOO... JanTom started with $100, went to $196, and is currently at $127.

- Tony
Old 02-12-2003, 05:49 PM

I have always said that one should get the turbo holdem software; practise against the very best player profiles with the rake. You will safe a lot of money. If you think the paradise players are bots, for more the reason, to get in to the heads of bots, as they play that much more differently.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:48 PM

I've read/heard that Turbo Texas Hold'Em sucks at heads-up play, and shorthanded play is more similar to heads-up play than a full ring game. Do you think TTH is useful for the 5max Paradise games? As in accurately simulating them.

- Tony
Old 02-12-2003, 09:27 PM

I noticed you sent me a private message, but i am unable to respond because it says you have private messages selected to not receive.

Anyway, to me it seems you are tilting too much, folding too many river bets, and focusing too much on a single player. Choose a new table, or really pick your spots against him. Focus on the other players at the table as well.
Old 02-13-2003, 02:46 AM

HOW THE HECK do you beat a player like this??????

Take a deep breath. Walk away from the table. Have a beer. Sleep with your wife. Go fishing. Get a good night's sleep. Not always in that order. Then play someone else tomorrow.