Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 12:49 AM

Default KK when an ace flops against a tricky player how did I do?

Villian is tight preflop. But, I've seen him get out of line and tricky postflop.

Comments on all streets appreciated.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 :#A500AF(Villian)/ raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 :#A500AF(Villian)/ calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villian raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Villian calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villian calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Villian checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 04-05-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Re: KK when an ace flops against a tricky player how did I do?

Eh...As soon as its raised, i'm in check/call mode. If you are going to raise, check the turn and take the cheap show down. Even tricky players have aces.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh...As soon as its raised, i'm in check/call mode. If you are going to raise, check the turn and take the cheap show down. Even tricky players have aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

that and its better to let him to keep on bluffing at it if he doesn't have it. This is a good case for the way ahead/way behind line
Old 04-05-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that and its better to let him to keep on bluffing at it if he doesn't have it. This is a good case for the way ahead/way behind line

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it. If he takes a free card on the turn I bet the river and call a raise right?
Old 04-05-2005, 01:09 AM

Check/call mode once it's raised
Old 04-05-2005, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it. If he takes a free card on the turn I bet the river and call a raise right?

[/ QUOTE ]

possible. You have to ask yourself, does he have the A there 1-10.5 times, I'd be willing to say that your good enough to make that call, but I'm drunk right now so I may be a little off [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]