Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Re: AA vs 2+2er

3-betting the flop to knock out the guy in the middle isn't a terrible idea, although I don't like doing it with red aces when 3 low spades flop. 1) you're knocking out the fish and isolating the good player according to the reads and 2) you aren't a huge favorite over a lower pocket pair with a spade (57%) and I think doing this can get you confused about where you are in the hand. For example, what if he caps? He might do this with a flush or set, but he could also do this trying to get another chance at a free turn. Can you really lead the turn again after he caps the flop? That's why I prefer calling then leading the turn if it's not a spade. I'm also pretty conservative compared to some mid/high stakes players so I'll be willing to just check and fold if a spade comes with two players in behind me who both don't mind going 2 bets on the flop. Out of position I hate the pot getting stuffed on the flop cause then I might feel more inclined to payoff somebody if they river me.

But like I said, I don't think 3-betting the flop is a terrible idea.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Results

He called, I won. Don't know what he had but I suspect now it was flopped flush.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: An Interesting Question

[ QUOTE ]
so here's an interesting question. If he flopped a flush or set of 44s, can he fold the river safely for 1 more bet? is there any hand that you would have played that way he can still beat? I think this may be a rare example of where you can fold a big pot on the river for 1 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you would have to cry and call with both. I don't think I'd play Askd like this often but you never know and the pot is large enough that if I did I'd have to stab at the river to try to get you to fold a flush.