Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: I went for the check-raise and sort of got it...

[ QUOTE ]
Not to sound like a smart ass, but since you dont have a huge pot equity edge, you figure check raising the flop is best, on a draw? i think you should come out betting you have a smalll edge so use it, someone will bet at this most likely, but I think you betting at this will be much better. You advise checking and calling, but I dont think thats a great play here, espcially if somone late bets and then someone raises to isolate him, then you just hurt your edge. with this many people in the flop you will get callers, and if you do hit your straight, no one will figure you for a straight and might call you down on the turn also. I think its relatively close just betting out adds some deception since your going to call a bet anyways, mise well do it yourself because there is no way this is getting checked through with that many people in the hand. Any thoughts....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, SNG basically said what I was thinking, so I'll address something else.

Most players at this level aren't going to figure you for a straight. And even if they do, they're not going to confident enough to lay down their decent hands. Or maybe they are confident enough, but they just don't want to do it. I've played lots of flush draws in a very straightforward manner, and I've been called down on those many many times. There's no reason to get tricky if straightforward works well enough.