Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 02:01 PM

Default I can\'t win - not bad beat post

I'm just making all the wrong decisions

Party 5/10
8 handed

Seat 1 : XXX XXX 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] BI___________________________FOLD
Seat 2 : XXX XXX Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]__FOLD
Seat 3 : XXX XXX T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____CALL_________________________FOLD
Seat 4 : XXX XXX 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]__________CALL________________________FOLD
Seat 5 : XXX XXX Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]______________COMP______________________CALL______ _____CALL
Seat 6 : XXX XXX 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___________________CALL________________________CAL L________FOLD
Hero 7 : K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]______________________CALL_______________________3-BET___________CALL
Seat 8 : XXX XXX A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____________________________RAISE________________ __________CAP

4th (pot = 80)

Seat 5 : XXX XXX Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_________RAISE_________CAP
Hero 7 : K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]______________CALL_________CALL
Seat 8 : XXX XXX A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]__Dbl-BET_________3-BET________CALL

5th (pot = 200)

Seat 5 : XXX XXX Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]__BET_________3-BET
Hero 7 : K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____RAISE_________CAP
Seat 8 : XXX XXX A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]__________CALL________CALL

6th (pot = 320)

Seat 5 : XXX XXX Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]__BET
Hero 7 : K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____CALL
Seat 8 : XXX XXX A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_________CALL

7th (pot = 350)

Seat 5 : XXX XXX Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] XX__BET
Hero 7 : K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____FOLD
Seat 8 : XXX XXX A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] XX_________CALL
Old 04-01-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Results (respond to post first)

Seat 5 show : A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (busted flush with 2 pair)

Seat 8 shows : J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (trip jacks)
Old 04-01-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: I can\'t win - not bad beat post

I was going to write this beforeI saw the results.. But never fold this good of a hand for 1 bet. I'm really sorry this happened. Please PM the names of these fish. Also note, one of his queens is dead.

Jon, I seriously recommend you stop playing for a week or so. This is not going to help your psyche 1 bit.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:35 PM

This is the old "make a small mistake by calling, make a huge mistake by folding".

If you were last to act and had seen the AJ fold in front of you, you probably would have made a cry call because of the size of the pot. No reason to believe the AJ behind you has you beat so you might as well cry call in your position. Of course hindsight is 20-20. It sure looked like you were beat.

I think you played the hand fine. This was a showdown pot the way the cards fell.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:38 PM

I'm a hold'em player new to stud, but just as a matter of principle it is never right to fold this big of a hand at showdown for 1 bet in this large of a pot. From my rough estimate you only need to be right like 3% of the time to make this call. Just call, expecting to lose but hoping you don't.

Also note that if QQ4 was really already full he might not go crazy on 5th but instead wait to suck people in, after all, he could put you on K's up or even on a pair+flush draw since you just call on 3rd then jam the pot once it's multiway and I've seen people do this alot with hands like Jh Qh _ Kh. On the other hand he'd be smart to just go crazy with aboat since the pot is huge and he figures no-one is folding. Of course, none of this matters as much as just that you should never fold a pot this big for 1 bet in limit with any hand that can win showdown.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:29 PM

Hi,

Honestly, Its either a bad beat story, since he caught the case Q, or a REALLY bad fold.

The problem is you think your call-three-bet telegraphs your hand as trip kings, which it does to a good player. The fact it got capped and the Dead Q calls two cold says he's an idiot. You should procede from there when trying to figure out what hand he has.

I'd call with kings up in that position. The pots to big to fold anything that can beat Q's up and we have no idea if the ace door has a hand since all he's done is call since 5th and it would be a disaster if he folded.

Later,
MArkV.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:38 PM

my thoughts below in white

<font color="white"> april fools...but it's kinda sad people think I can make this fold </font>
Old 04-01-2005, 04:56 PM

Jon,

Good one - like all good bluffs or deception plays, this one was well set up on previous streets - i.e. your recent hand postings. Made the whole thing more believable.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i.e. your recent hand postings

[/ QUOTE ]

too bad those were real
Old 04-01-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my thoughts below in white

<font color="white"> april fools...but it's kinda sad people think I can make this fold </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gonna ask if this was an April Fool's joke, but I thought that would be really insulting.

Blow me. I almost threw up when I read this hand.