Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 09:40 AM

Default Anyone not lose a bundle here?

near the money in a party 100 mtt, villian has been fairly solid but has snapped off my last two preflop bets in late positions with big raises, im chip leader having caught some MASSIVE hands that all got paid off, but i have been stealing a bit lately from CO+1, CO, Button...

i know there is one VERY obvious holding that has me strangled but could you lay this down?

(please dont say "yes, easily"!!)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (8 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero (t12625)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Button (t10283)</font>
SB (t4575)
BB (t4035)
UTG (t3775)
UTG+1 (t1765)
MP1 (t3680)
MP2 (t840)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t800</font>, Button calls t800, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (t1900) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t800</font>, Button calls t800.

Turn: (t3500) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t1100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t5000</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t8683 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t3683.

River: (t20866) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t20866

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kd Qs (three of a kind, kings).
Button has Ad Kh (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: Button wins t20866. </font>

rgds
Stephen
Old 04-01-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Anyone not lose a bundle here?

in the heat of the moment i go broke, i probably dont' raise so much on the turn. was the all-in call instant?
Old 04-01-2005, 01:16 PM

ouch. looks like all those massives hands that you were catching caught up to you. har har. sorry.

with that turn bet, if he calls or raises you know your pretty much beat. Anyway, i lose all my chips too.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:56 PM

simplistic - he took a while before pushing, about half his time bank

mts - i can laugh at the joke now its two days later - lol

as i alluded to in the original post i didnt discount AK, but given the range he couldve done with this (combined with having to hold the case K with the one kicker that would beat me) i figured it was worthy of a call - i was pretty much committed by then anyway

i kinda suspected most people would say the same thing, that is - id go broke but hate it

should i have slowed down following the flop bet? betting out my set (as id raised preflop) seemed the least suspicious thing to do, and also helped convince me he was pushing less than 3 Ks as he couldnt read me for them....?
Old 04-02-2005, 05:05 PM

Why didn't you lead the turn again? I would lead for about 2K and see what he does. No matter what, though, it's extremely hard to get away from this hand. I don't know if I'd have doubled villian up, but yeah, you have to lose a bunch on TripsGK vs TripsTK.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:10 PM

I probably lose all or most of my chips most likely here as well in the heat of the moment. I might be suspicious of AK or 99 even given the reraise all in on the turn. How big were the blinds, 100-200? I still call the all-in though I imagine.

Bummer.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:16 PM

A weaker K, yeah, maybe throw it away...but there's one kicker that beats you. I don't see how you can lay this down short of the villian turning over AKo after he bet.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:31 PM

i didnt lead on the turn as i was looking to check raise - at that stage i wasnt massively worried to be honest, and was trying to just get em all in - to this end at least i succeeded!

i take the point though - a lead of 2K on the turn following villians flat call on the flop gives more informatoin and another chance to get away from it - i just wasnt sufficiently concerned at that point

like everyone else though i still dont think id have let it go.........