Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 09:02 PM

Default turn decision

I posted this in mid/high but think that it's a good hand for you guys to think about too.

Two fish limp (ep - 39/6/.56 mp- 37/11/1.73) and and I limp in the CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

schneids completes his sb, bb who is 28/17/1.79 overaggro donk checks his bb.

flop 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
schneids checks, bb bets, ep folds, mp calls, I raise, schneids folds, bb calls, mp calls.

Turn 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
bb checks, mp comes to life and bets, hero?
Old 03-31-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: turn decision

i like a call. you'll probably get an overcall. more importantly, if he's bluffing, you let him keep going. if you're behind to a better kicker, you save money.

raising wins you more in the specific case that he has a better 9 AND you hit your flush, since he won't put on the flush draw and will pay off nicely on the river. but the other considerations outweigh this, IMO.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:17 PM

Yeah, I'd call too. If you knew the BB to be on a better flush draw I could see raising. Seems remote enough to go for the overcall though. That make any sense?
Old 03-31-2005, 09:19 PM

Hmm. BB could very well be on a better flush draw....I"m going to change my answer to raise.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:25 PM

Default talking to myself

I think I'm back to call. I'm a bit wary of MP coming to life when the top card pairs. Normally people bluff when a smaller card pairs. You could very, very well be behind the MP here. Damn. I don't know.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:30 PM

I don't think you lose much playing it either way. Given what we know about BB, I lean towards call. I'm auto-raising any river card.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:50 PM

I call to collect the overcalls from the donks and to let MP keep bluffing me. And it saves me from having to pay off a better 9.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I posted this in mid/high but think that it's a good hand for you guys to think about too.

Two fish limp (ep - 39/6/.56 mp- 37/11/1.73) and and I limp in the CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

schneids completes his sb, bb who is 28/17/1.79 overaggro donk checks his bb.

flop 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
schneids checks, bb bets, ep folds, mp calls, I raise, schneids folds, bb calls, mp calls.

Turn 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
bb checks, mp comes to life and bets, hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

calls. You may very well be behind mp, but probably have bb toasted. No need in (a) blowing away bb and (b) giving mp a chance to 3-bet.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:05 PM

I think this is quite difficult. It's tough to put MP on a hand (at least for me [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]). With a better 9, he should have raised that flop (a pretty basic play).

I can see the argument for calling to keep BB in and/or keep MP bluffing. Meh, raise.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:14 PM

I'd raise. If the guy has a 9 I'd expect him to try to C/R me. It's more likely that he has overcards, puts you on a flush draw (raising the flop to get a free card), and is representing that he has a 9.