Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Tunica Game Selection Help

I will be in Tunica April 8-10 for a weekend of non-stop poker action. Well, anyway I want to know from some of you crafty veterns where some good games are?

Mostly I play 3/6 4/8 HE and 1/2 NL with preferred lower buy in. Also, if anybody has any info on some good tournaments it would be appreciated because I love tournies.

We are staying at either the Gold Strike or Sam's Town..my buddy is booking the room, but I willplay anywhere where the games are good.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Tunica Game Selection Help

The GS has a pretty good 1/2 NL with 50$ min buy in
Old 03-31-2005, 01:49 PM

The GS and Horseshoe are probably the 2 best poker rooms down there - and they are side by side. I actually like the GS a little better - and I have found some good games there.

The tournies at the GS are all re-buys except for a freezeout they have for a $115 buy-in on Saturday at 5:30 PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:28 PM

We're starting our $230 tourneys the same weekend at Horseshoe. Friday 11am, Saturday and Sunday at 12 noon. No Rebuys.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:36 PM

Sounds pretty good, what is the max buy in at the GS 1/2. I don't really have the bankroll right now to be deep stacking it. The GS tourney freezeout sounds reall tasty and I will probably hit that one up. The other sounds a little too expensive for my blood right now unless I do well in the cash games.

I am going to vegas next month as well and don't want to risk a big percentage of my bankroll in Tunica.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The GS and Horseshoe are probably the 2 best poker rooms down there - and they are side by side. I actually like the GS a little better - and I have found some good games there.

The tournies at the GS are all re-buys except for a freezeout they have for a $115 buy-in on Saturday at 5:30 PM.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have one on Saturday at 530pm now?
Old 03-31-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They have one on Saturday at 530pm now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I saw it last night on there little schedule they hand out..it's there only freezeout..
Old 03-31-2005, 05:17 PM

Depending on your bankroll, the $10/$20 at the 'Shoe has been pretty soft the few times I have played in it. I also highly recommend the $1/$2 NL at the Goldstrike.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:04 PM

The last time I played GS there was no cap on the 1-2 game. $50 minimum. The Horseshoe 1-2 is $50-$500. I've seen people buy-in for well over 2k at GS. We, at Horseshoe, are spreading the 1-2 everyday now with 5% rake up to $4. Also, look for Omaha/8 tourney on Wednesdays and a ladies tourney on Sundays coming soon.