Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Perfect slowplay opportunity?

What would you do here?

Canterbury Park 6/12. Table o'donks. Four donekrs donk and I donk on the button with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

7 to the frop for 7SB
K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checks to the CO who bets, PBob.........
Old 03-31-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Perfect slowplay opportunity?

i'd call.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:44 PM

Calls. I slowplay here and try and build a big pot. BUT - if these donks are the type of donks who really like calling the flop without much regard about whether it is one bet or two bets then I think you should raise.

Really though, if these guys are real donks then not raising pre-flop was a mistake. Your hand has real good value in a large multiway pot like this and you don't mind building it up against donks. I think a pre-flop raise is clear in this situation.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:45 PM

Yes, call. Much better slow-play than the other hand.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:45 PM

your donk preflop was not a raise? ok, fair's fair, but I raise that shizzle up preflop. moving on...

if the donkers are donkers then I say raise and let them call 2 cold, since they probably will anyways.

you don't have great relative position to CO, so it's not like you will ever be able to trap the field, and there aren't many 2nd best hands to make here. if someone has a set or 2 pair, they will pay off.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:51 PM

If you are at a table where it is super loose on the flop, go ahead and raise. One thing that would suck is to have straight draws hit and you'd have to chop. Might as well pump it now if you know you'll have two or more non-believers. You may even get 3-bet with a coordinated broadway flop like that.

If a raise will fold the players behind for sure, then call and pop the turn. In the high octane game in which I regularly play, I am raising for sure.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:00 PM

If you have to ask then there should be 14SB's in the pot before the flop instead of 7 for reasons pointed out already. That is, if they're loose enough to call two on the flop then I raise but you really should be raising this pf if they're that loose. If you're unlikely to get some coldcalls then just call and slowplay away.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:19 PM

I say this because I have played at Canterbury, but would also give the same advice if it were on-line; I would raise here.

The reason is that if they are truly donks you will get some takers anyway. Also with 5 people left to act, at least a couple of them caught some of the board.

There is also the possibility that the turn could set someone up for a redraw to a flush.

So to sum up the TOP reccommended slow palying conditions:

1. The pot is NOT small.
2. There are alot of people in the pot.
3. Some will call your raise anyway.
4. The turn could set someone up for a draw that is better than your hand.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:21 PM

I'd raise here. Some of the donks will call and the CO may reraise. This helps your image as they will realize that you button raise with big hands as well as others (e.g. draws). Or am I mistaken in that I assume a donk can see what is going on and can apply it to future hands?