Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Re: I\'m still in the kiddie pool but I made some moves. (77 LP)

[ QUOTE ]
I would raise in that spot after 2 limpers with 77, I'd limp with 66.

I raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

same.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:44 AM

I go as low as 44 (obviously not all the time) 33 and 22 can be real problem hands for me sometimes- but i like taking control of the hand.

Secondly i wait till the turn to raise here a lot of the time, and sometimes i just call down, auto raising the flop is a good way for someone to sqeeze a extra bet out of you if they flopped trips- but if you wait till the turn they often are scared of their kicker (its gonna suck cause they limped) and you can determine what to do on the river.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:09 PM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.

[ QUOTE ]
I go as low as 44 (obviously not all the time) 33 and 22 can be real problem hands for me sometimes- but i like taking control of the hand.

Secondly i wait till the turn to raise here a lot of the time, and sometimes i just call down, auto raising the flop is a good way for someone to sqeeze a extra bet out of you if they flopped trips- but if you wait till the turn they often are scared of their kicker (its gonna suck cause they limped) and you can determine what to do on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting play. I'll try it.

Common Situation:
Say he's making a pure bluff into you on the flop, but has 6 overcard outs against you, do you want to end this hand as quickly as possible?

I'm not sure I'd raise the flop against a LAG though, because he's more likely to raise you and put you in a tough spot (make an incorrect fold). He could easily do this as a bluff.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:17 PM

"Say he's making a pure bluff into you on the flop, but has 6 overcard outs against you, do you want to end this hand as quickly as possible?"

I would love to end it as quickly as possible- but you usually don't get players to lay down to a flop raise- they almost always call, and then fold the turn if the don't improve, which means that you need to be betting a lot of turns when you raise the flop, which means you walk into many a turn c/r. The turn raise however will knock players out quite often, and allows you to check behind on the river cause there ain't any more free cards to come.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:50 PM

What happened with the CO? Did he call or fold?
Old 03-31-2005, 02:17 PM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.

[ QUOTE ]
What happened with the CO? Did he call or fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
He folded to my preflop raise after limping. It's in there you just glanced past it.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Say he's making a pure bluff into you on the flop, but has 6 overcard outs against you, do you want to end this hand as quickly as possible?"

I would love to end it as quickly as possible- but you usually don't get players to lay down to a flop raise- they almost always call, and then fold the turn if the don't improve, which means that you need to be betting a lot of turns when you raise the flop, which means you walk into many a turn c/r. The turn raise however will knock players out quite often, and allows you to check behind on the river cause there ain't any more free cards to come.

[/ QUOTE ]
What's your action if you get 3-bet on the turn? And how does your decision change with your read?
Old 03-31-2005, 02:37 PM

PF is good, Im not sure abotu standard, some time I limp along sometimes I raise, but there is nothing wrong with raising here.