Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Bankroll for 20+2$ SitnGos

[ QUOTE ]
thx for the guideline.

what about 1on1 sng?

how many do I need to be winning before I step up?

/Ponts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Play those for practice...not if you want to make money (IMO)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do you say that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Pooh assumes that you're not really going to move up to higher buyins in Heads Up play. That's not my opinion. If you can learn to 4 table the $105s for a 20% ROI, then that's a darn profitable proposition (greater than $84/hr). I've never done it, nor have I read anything on expected ROI from HU play. Thus, my thoughts are just thoery at this point.

Scuba
Old 03-30-2005, 12:04 PM

4 tabling Heads Up's I think is borderline impossible to keep that good of a rate...you have to have more of a feel for players, IMO.

I've watched Elky (again in my opinion one of the best pstars Heads Up players) multi table the 1000 heads up, but he'll very rarely get 3 going at once, let alone 4.
BUT your playing twice the sit n goes in the time of one STT...BUT the variance is gonna be higher because its heads up...

Yea, maybe playing these religiously isnt the best idea.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4 tabling Heads Up's I think is borderline impossible to keep that good of a rate...you have to have more of a feel for players, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I am trying to two table the $20s right now (first day, yesterday, 50% ITM, so -2.5% ROI). I am giving away cheap chips early to see how they play, and then cataloging that as I move up into the higher blinds. Don't know if that works in the long run, but it's a theory right now.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:00 AM

Eh, its a possibility but I think at the low levels (50, 20, 10) its probably a losing strategy. Very rare you will encounter the same players too much...just chip chip chip away until they're dead broke. Win a little at a time, dont give anything away, grind it out, yada yada yada