Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Administrative \"best practices\" for the newbie just starting off

I assume you meant to say StatKing not PokerStat.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:16 PM

Yes sorry.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:24 PM

What are the typical "brown trout" chats like? I've never actually seen anyone type it in at party (although I usually play .50/1)--I've only read about it on here.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:52 PM

Default UPDATE ON RAKEBACK/SKIN RECOMMENDATION

I have been thinking about and researching your post, and I am now inclined to agree with you. My initial post was erroneous in its advice about which rakeback skins you should seek. (I am an admitted rakeback newb.)

In surfing around, I have determined that Empire and Party indeed offer the most profitable reload bonuses. The bonuses are desirable for a few reasons: (1) the absolute dollar amount is largest; (2) the percent given is generous; and (3) the hands-to-clear multiple is low. (The only negative about the Party/Empire reloads is that the time-to-clear is typically short.)

For example, the recent Party MARCH2005 bonus is pretty typical. 20% up to $200, with a 7x raked hand multiple (in 7 days). Looking around at what other skins have historically offered, it is pretty clear that Eurobet, PokerNOW and Intertops dont typically give such favorable terms. (And PokerNOW isn't giving anything going forward!)

The current Eurobet bonus that I am clearing, for example, is 10% up to $100, with a 10x multiple (in 30 days). It's free money, but slow to clear.

Net net, I agree entirely with your point about putting maximum rakeback play on Eurobet, and using Party/Empire for driving the monthly reload bonuses. This approach is the most +EV option. The negatives about customer service, the cashier function, etc., still exist, but I believe the negatives are outweighed by a clear +EV result.

The only issue is what to do if you play more than 4 tables. (Party and skins only allow a maximum of 4-tables to be opened at any one time.) I suspect this problem is somewhat academic for newbs who shouldn't be playing that many tables, but I'm curious which skin people recommend for rakeback when 5+ multtabling.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:38 AM

Default Re: UPDATE ON RAKEBACK/SKIN RECOMMENDATION

What site is the best for rake backs? I haven't seen one that offers a return for Euro.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: UPDATE ON RAKEBACK/SKIN RECOMMENDATION

[ QUOTE ]
Net net, I agree entirely with your point about putting maximum rakeback play on Eurobet, and using Party/Empire for driving the monthly reload bonuses. This approach is the most +EV option.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is it really better to forgo having a rakeback (and access to the BBJ fishes) at Party just for the occasional reload bonuses?