Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 06:20 PM

Default Best site for freerolls?

Not sure if this is the right section for this, so please redirect me if it isn't.

My question is simple though. Which is the best online poker room for freeroll, real money tournaments?

I'm going through a spell right now where I can't really afford to be putting any money into poker, so I'm just looking for the most frequent, highest paying freeroll tournaments to play to keep my poker fix coming in.

So, suggest away... Coherent suggestions with reasons would be best please.

Thanks.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Best site for freerolls?

I think you're better off studying this site and reading books than playing freerolls, they play much like play money games and its just a catch fest. 2000+ sign up for the best ones..its insanely difficult to win them, ive tried..

Study the game and when you can make a deposit, play some smaller buyin tournaments at empire, they have $1 tournaments daily.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:12 AM

ok, I appreciate the advice, and I am already aware of why what you suggested is the better approach, but I would still like to know the answer to my original question, as to where the "best" freerolls are.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:18 AM

prima (the gamingclubpoker.com, royal vegas poker etc) network has 1000 freerols twice a day now, and a 200 also i think. lots of players but fun and i would assume some of the best payouts for free tournies no investment.
jaosn
Old 03-30-2005, 11:24 AM

Free rolls suck, BUT if you must:

Any of the big sites are good for this...
Pokerstars, Paradise Poker, Poker Pages and Jet Set, to start you in the right direction.

Use it to experiment, but expect ungodly magooville in each and every stinking one of them!

I know it well, from starting my tournament thang in them myself, I quickly stopped them after about 20 or so... If I do them now EVER it's strictly practice/warm up for a real $ one, ie. blowing off steam.

Also though, great for non-poker friends and loved ones to get a feel for the game.

>TW<