Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Fight at the Mirage poker room on Thursday night??

Are you a Championship Wrestling fan? Do you slow down at car wrecks? Do you follow the fire truck to the fire?
Old 03-29-2005, 10:39 AM

I do tend to slow down at wrecks. I don't follow fire trucks or watch wrestling though.

I'd say I'm in the majority.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:10 AM

I think in order to get a drivers license, you should be forced to watch a 4 hour film. Kind of like Clockwork Orange, with your eyes forced open, and your head constrained so you can't turn away. A 4 hour film. The film will contain nothing but a guy changing a tire on the side of the road. You have to watch the guy change the tire over and over, for 4 hours.

Then, when someone is changing a tire on the side of the road, you can say, "Oh, I already know how this ends up!", and just drive right on by.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do tend to slow down at wrecks.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate u
Old 03-29-2005, 01:03 PM

I'm not saying that fighting is not silly or whatever. All I'm saying is that someone asked a reasonable question and didn't deserve all the [censored] answers he was getting.

For example, if the fight involved anyone who would be known to people on this board (for all I know it could even be a regular poster on this board who was involved) some of us would like to read what the cause of it was, was someone shooting an angle (or cheating) and got caught, etc.

I don't watch wrestling, I probably slow down to check out accidents (depending on my mood) and I can't remember what other assmuch comment you made.

But if PokerBabe sucker-punched Dynasty for looking up her skirt, or if Daryn decked Clarkmeister for slow-rolling him, etc. it might be worth a read.

Or even if it was 2 people I've never heard of I still like to hear about the circumstances of the argument, what people's take on it is, etc.

Damn, some of you people are f'n annoying.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was there for like 8 hours Friday night/Saturday morning and didn't hear anyone say anything about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was also there Friday night and heard nothing about it. Where did you hear this?
Old 03-29-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying that fighting is not silly or whatever. All I'm saying is that someone asked a reasonable question and didn't deserve all the [censored] answers he was getting.

For example, if the fight involved anyone who would be known to people on this board (for all I know it could even be a regular poster on this board who was involved) some of us would like to read what the cause of it was, was someone shooting an angle (or cheating) and got caught, etc.

I don't watch wrestling, I probably slow down to check out accidents (depending on my mood) and I can't remember what other assmuch comment you made.

But if PokerBabe sucker-punched Dynasty for looking up her skirt, or if Daryn decked Clarkmeister for slow-rolling him, etc. it might be worth a read.

Or even if it was 2 people I've never heard of I still like to hear about the circumstances of the argument, what people's take on it is, etc.

Damn, some of you people are f'n annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would give you a hug if you were near me. I feel the exact same way. It's like some people want to just be a smart a$$ 24/7.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate u

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, Is this my ex-wife?

But I have to say I'm slowing down anyway. There's always people slowing down in front of me.

I mean every time I drive up on a wreck when people are still flying out of their vehicles I keep going baby!<-- in my best Scotty Nguyen voice.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:12 PM

Are some of you people really that bored? I simply asked if anyone had seen an incident at the Mirage that I heard about while playing in a tourney up at the Plaza and people start asking me if I watch WWF and slow down at traffic accidents. If you can't answer my question why bother posting?

Of course I must have asked just because I am into all forms of violence. It coulnd't be that I think the Mirage is a pretty nice room and was curious how they handled it. There is no way it could be because I wanted to find out if the guy I heard it from was full of crap either.

Nope. It must be because I am an ambulance chasing lawyer that sits at home watching "bum fights" and torturing small animals.......

To those that made serious replies thanks. To those who made pointless points just to hear yourself talk I hope that your opponents crack your big pocket pairs for the next month or two.

Pancho
Old 03-29-2005, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate u

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost always slow down or stop at wrecks. Why is this bad? I've stopped at 2 in the last couple of years to call for help when I saw the wrecks happen. Maybe that's not what you mean. I always slow down even when help is already there because by that time there are a lot of people moving around. I think it's common sense to slow down instead of blowing by at 70 when someone could come walking out from behind a parked vehicle at any time.