Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: 1/2 VPIP

Man, if 17-19 are tight I wonder what mine would be called at 12-13% :-) After a thousand hands, playing most from later positions and using sshe pf chart, I just haven't caught the cards to play much. No way I'm going to play stuff like T4o just to get vpip up. It gets doubly frustrating when I get AT and have to CC to play (which I won't do). I'm really just not seeing starting hands. Guess I'll have to patiently wait it out...
Old 03-29-2005, 05:04 PM

its to small bro can't read it! don't feel to bad I don't know how to beat the [censored] censor.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:11 PM

fixed it.

thanks to you and NAU!
Old 03-29-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who can tell me why i have 1 hand 8 seats off the button??? driving me crazy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly you were at an 11-Max table for an orbit [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
thanks to you and NAU!

[/ QUOTE ]
no problem [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, if 17-19 are tight I wonder what mine would be called at 12-13% :-) After a thousand hands, playing most from later positions and using sshe pf chart, I just haven't caught the cards to play much. No way I'm going to play stuff like T4o just to get vpip up. It gets doubly frustrating when I get AT and have to CC to play (which I won't do). I'm really just not seeing starting hands. Guess I'll have to patiently wait it out...

[/ QUOTE ]

30k hands and I'm ALL THE WAY UP to 12.70%!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm like you, either I'm not catching the cards in postion to be playing or I have had a series of cold runs. I have opened up to playing pp's in EP on a semi-passive table, but once I'm in I'll normally always call a raise for one more. Also, ATo has been added in MP and since my SB VP is around 24%, I'm starting to play more offsuited connectors with a bunch of limpers.

Even so, you should see some of the remarks I get when others see my 12% VP in earlier posts!
Old 03-29-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is everyones VPIP at 1/2? Im sitting at 19.2 over a very small sample size, it sounds good to me, but is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

HOW small a sample? VP$IP converges fast. Every month in my PT is within a few tenths of a percent, and I play about 8k hands/month. My VP$IP at 1/2 is 16.4%, PFR is 9.6% after about 30k hands.

19% is fine, I'm really tight cuz I'm always playing 8 tables at once, and I play more cryptos than partys..
Old 03-29-2005, 05:25 PM

guys-

i wasn't saying that 17 is "tight". i was saying that it is "tighter" than 19, 22, or 26, which where the other numbers mentioned so far. i think 17 is a pretty good overall number - some players would be more profitable at 15, and some at 20 or higher (or lower) but i still stand by the idea that it is more important to know (and to work on)the positional breakdown once you have basic preflop play down.

depending on your sample size, i would say that you are likely missing a lot of value by only playing 12% of your hands in the 1/2 game...however perhaps you restrict the number of situations in which you have tough decisions and are more profitable for that reason...
Old 03-29-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...who can tell me why i have 1 hand 8 seats off the button??? driving me crazy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

PT sometimes generate error files that say something like: Error: could not determine who was the big blind; if you play another hand at this table, this error will self-correct."

I'd venture a guess that the one hand produced an error message and that it didn't self-correct because you left the table. Just a guess though.

and my VPIP at both 1/2 and 2/4 is in the low/mid 19s.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:49 PM

i'm only about 8K hands into 1/2 but run in the 20-21 range. i attribute this to two things. 1. i'm generally a bit looser than most here (as evidenced by 20K plus hands at .5/1 that had a VPIP higher than the above range) and 2. i've been running good, so i figure i must be getting good cards dealt to me.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, if 17-19 are tight I wonder what mine would be called at 12-13% :-)

No way I'm going to play stuff like T4o just to get vpip up. It gets doubly frustrating when I get AT and have to CC to play (which I won't do). I'm really just not seeing starting hands. Guess I'll have to patiently wait it out...

[/ QUOTE ]

12-13%?? I'd call that 'insane'! I can't imagine what you're throwing away, I'd have to be folding AJ/ATs/QJs/22-88 for sure, Im guessing KQ/99/TT in unraised pots before I'd get that low. Believe me, you dont need to get down to T4 to get your VPIP up to even 15%, which I'd consider an absolute minimum.

Im at 16%, and PF I fold AT 80% of the time, KJo 95%, 22-88 to ANY raise, any suited connector lower than JTs to any raise. 1000 hands is a drop in the bucket, you must be getting colder cards than I've ever got.

Sasnak, with 30k hands at 12-13%, you're leaving tons of $$ on the table, you need a serious makeover in your PF game. I can't beleive anyone gets colddecked that bad. Can you give us some examples of what you'd consider marginal folds/calls preflop? Are you underrolled and trying to keep variance as low as possible or ??