Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: How would you play this one?

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen several of you post that you raise this PF. SSH does not have that in either tight or loose games. The farthest they go down is 88, and that's in late position.

What reasoning are you guys using to raise this hand PF? Has this hand been good to you all?

Also, why not fold when it comes back two bets to you? Thanks for any help.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) SSH (to my recollection) doesn't talk about open-raising standards. Open-limping in middle to late positions is considered a mistake and covered in many books.

2) Look at your immediately and probable pot odds when you call the 2 back to you. You'll see it plus implied odds gives you enough to try to hit for your set. While open-limping is a mistake, not calling the 2 back is a bigger one.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:55 PM

Well, then that could be a mistake. Maybe they need to put that in there. The hand charts clearly state, "If there is no raise:", which clearly this would fall under.

I haven't gone all the way through this book, is open-limping covered at all?
Old 03-29-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, then that could be a mistake. Maybe they need to put that in there. The hand charts clearly state, "If there is no raise:", which clearly this would fall under.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference is between limping vs. open-limping. If there had been a few limpers before it got around to you, you could limp in your low pocket pair. But if it's folded to you in MP, then your hand should either be good enough to raise or fold.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I haven't gone all the way through this book, is open-limping covered at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

The pre-flop charts are just meant to be a guide and can't cover 100% of all situations. It also doesn't cover blind-stealing situations, blind-defending situations, what do to if a TAG raises pre-flop, there are are cold-callers, etc.

It's meant to be a start but not the end-all be-all of starting hand charts. FYI, there is no such thing out there. No chart is a good substitute for playing and discussing these situations.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:49 PM

Does anybody consider raising the flop here???