Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 03:44 AM

Default Re: Is it true I\'m playing against bots?

So I had to shorten the title a bit, so what. I'm not the idiot here. If you read the post entirely you would have seen it was also about people using analyzing software to recommend action, since I'm not familiar with that software. Wow what a concept huh, actually reading the post before hurling insults.

Yes the example was part of the post; do you think this very aggressive move could have been instigated by some sort of program. You want to say no, fine... But I didn't ask for your attitude. Wow what a concept, actually respecting a question you don't agree with.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:20 AM

There are some very good players here who give a lot of very good free advice.

If those players choose to get sick of hearing the same stuff over and over again, I think they should be given a little slack when they grace your thread with an answer, no matter how offensive you find it.

My question would be: "What caused you to play your winning hand this way if you didn't want to win all of your opponents chips?"

If you thought you wouldn't get all his chips with the line you took, then why did you take that line?

Lori
Old 03-28-2005, 08:42 AM

this, lorinda, is a very good question.

to the OP--- we all fall for traps sometimes... it doesn't mean that we're robots (though, while 8-tabling, i sometimes feel like one)

congrats on your good hand. next...
Old 03-28-2005, 07:55 PM

Thank you for the question. I would say I did this because I felt betting on the turn was going to get him to fold and waiting until the river would not cost me anything when he was probably drawing dead.

When I did the minimum raise to his bet on the river, I just thought I was maximizing my win because it still gave him proper odds to call incase I'm bluffing. So now he would be severely short stacked and close to busting, and so his re-raise all-in was surprising but welcomed.