Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2005, 09:15 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.
Default Re: Flopped flush, help please

[ QUOTE ]
I was worried about a fourth flush card coming and him having an over card here and that is why I folded.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not trying to be a smartass, but when do you get your money in, if not here? You want him to have the over card spade and call you.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:20 AM

No. it is no typo. I folded because he came over the top and I figured I was probably beat. I have a philosophy of try not to risk everything on one hand if I don't have to.

I know that that flies in the face of a lot people's attitudes, but I find I win a lot of single game tournaments this way.

I implore Sklansky's advice of don't risk everything today on a so-so bet, when there might be a better bet to come tomorrow as it were. I had a lot of chips to play with so this hand was not going to make or break me.

I understand the reasoning of everyone's comments, and I will play this hand differently in the future, that is for sure. That is why I asked for some help. I have a calculating conservative mindset that sometimes prevents me from making some plays. I have been working on being much more aggressive with my post flop play, and that has worked out very well for me.

As I said earlier, this guy got this pot, but I got all his money and everyone elses later. I didn't not see the need for an all-in, but I think that I should have come back over the top of this guy.

If I come over the top of him and say and he calls, isn't it more likely that he has two flush cards and one of them higher than my T9?
Old 03-19-2005, 02:30 AM

why call the raise if you're just gonna lay down a flopped flush? What were you hoping to get here?

Me personally... I re-raise and try to double up.

thoughts?
Old 03-19-2005, 02:33 AM

Insta push, dont even have to think about it.

Wrong forum...btw

I have never seen a flush over flush, its rarer than a set over a set. I've only been playing a year though..and have only gotten one royal flush.

Most likely you're up against an overplayed JJ+, doesnt even have to have a spade here..the only hand i can see is AK of spades, if you push and he has this, then you should be secure with your playing knowing it is +EV. (pushing is +EV...right?)

I often times will bet hard at a flop like this if i have an overpair, a flopped flush is unlikely, what i dont want to see is another spade, if villian is going to draw to a spade, its going to cost him a lot (I probably bet slighty over the pot)
Old 03-19-2005, 02:34 AM

way too passive
Old 03-19-2005, 03:53 AM

Default My Thoughts

The pre-flop call is fine but your post-flop fold makes me want to punch you hard in the face until you bleed and cry. Pussy.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:50 PM

as far as forum goes, this is a hand analysis question, and since I play MTTs and STTs almost exclusively I felt that it would fit, not to mention some of the times I have asked for input on a hand on the STT forum there has not been that much input received. Thanks for your thoughts on the hand, I appreciate all of them.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:53 PM

I played it like I was in the SB with two suited cards and was getting a good price to play the pot. That is why I called. I can honestly say I don't remember this type of hand happening for me in the last year, even though I have played these types of hands. Well, I should say, I don't remember it happening when I didn't have Ax and it was the nuts, not that hard to play that hand.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: My Thoughts

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I slammed my head into my desk after I folded this because I knew that I misplayed it, but I just didn't know what to do at the moment.

Just kidding, I didn't slam my head, but I pulled some hair out.

thanks.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Re: My Thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I slammed my head into my desk after I folded this because I knew that I misplayed it, but I just didn't know what to do at the moment.

Just kidding, I didn't slam my head, but I pulled some hair out.

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do feel better now. Sorry for being such a dick, but this fold is so bad that it ANGERED me.