Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: WSOP 10K Conundrums...

[ QUOTE ]
I think that hand 1 is a pretty clear fold with that amount of action in front (and behind) you in such a early spot in a tourney that people don't want to bust out of.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, the question of how much the UTG player has is important. MP's over-the-top leads me to believe that he has a hand that I am at least 70/30 favored to win, so I am likely to win the side pot of 14K even if I lose the main pot of 12K. I am deffinately worried though. I would like to be at the table so that I could see how UTG put his money in. Just because he played out of turn, doesn't mean he has AA. He may just be resigned to dying with this hand (whatever it may be). He's a nervous player who is playing way over his head - that tells me he doesn't need the PF nuts to call here. I would be surprised to see TT, but anything less than a mid-high PP or AQ would surprise me. I'm thinking I call here. While not an easy decision, seems to be the best one IMHO.

CSC
Old 03-26-2005, 07:12 PM

Situation 1: Fold. In all of my experience being in that type of action in big-money situations without huge pot committedness, one of those opponents has almost always had AA.

Situation 2: Call. Most players in this situation who can beat 22 will check rather than bet, since betting is likely to get it HU w/ the maniac and checking has a good chance of getting both opponents' stacks.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:07 PM

1.) easy fold
2.) probably call
Old 03-27-2005, 03:07 PM

I think Bill bet the 800 to let Hero know that he has top pair and is willing to call all in bet by Mark.
I would check this hand to the all in everytime bettor only if I had a good heart and top pr.
I reraise all-in here.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1.) easy fold
2.) probably call

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of people responded "easy fold" to the first situation. But my thinking was different. The logic that many of the new-to-big tournament fish might use could go like this:

1 - There are a lot of chips in the pot, if I win this hand, I will have a huge stack.

2 - AQ suited can't be THAT big of an underdog, and if I make a flush then hooray!

3 - 99 - JJ might make a set or hold up against a few people with big aces and I will have a big stack, hooray!

Logic I might use would be: If even one of these other morons has a big ace then the chances that I am up against AA with my KK is significantly less. If two of them have big aces then KK is an even better favorite. Basically I am thinking there is a good chance that everyone else's hand are similar enough that I am fairly far ahead. For example, AQ vs. AK vs. JJ or something like that.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:29 PM

first one is a completely easy fold.
not sure what it being the WSOP has anything to do with it. any tourney $50 or above that is an easy fold.

And not sure why these are conundrums. they are just difficult situations and would be so in any deep stack situation.