Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2005, 04:17 PM

Default WANTED: Loose players

Hi

I have read a few books about small stakes hold’em and the best is Millers ‘Small Stakes Hold’em’. One of the main points in the book (as I read it) is that low limit hold’em games are crawling with loose players, and this is why small stakes hold’em can be profitable.

So far I have played .25/.5 limit at paradise poker and pacific poker with good luck (these games have been very loose). I think I have played 500 hands at these levels and seen more four times as many hands. So I wanted to move up in limits to 1/2 and get some bonus money at the same time. So far I have played at InterPoker and PokerRoom at and both places the 1/2 was much tighter than I expected (only about 33% of the players to see the flop). My poker play at 1/2 tables have not been a success so far.

Can anyone recommend a poker room or two where it is possible to find loose players?

Thank you

sunek
Old 03-27-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: WANTED: Loose players

Party Poker has the "loosest" players you'll find.
By loose I mean people who will cold-call PF with any two, call you down with bottom pair, gutshots, etc. regardless of the pot size.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:45 PM

I wouldn't recommend jumping limits like that. I'd say go to .50/1 before you try 1/2.

But before you go to .50/1, play WAY more than 500 hands at .25/.50.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:31 PM

<raises hand>

peace

john nickle
Old 03-27-2005, 05:35 PM

This is for your own good: play *WAY* more than 500 hands before deciding your a winning player and its time to move up in limits. Grind out .25/.50 or .5/1 for 10k hands or so and if your winning big time (3BB/100 or more) then you can probably say your a winning player (but by no means at a 3BB/100 rate, that takes a lot more hands to figure out).
Old 03-27-2005, 06:07 PM

I have a feeling that books like SSH were more geared towards B&M tables rather than internet poker tables.

I can usually find (after a little hunting) 38-42% VPIP tables with decently low aggro at Party .50/1. Most tables at Party seem to be about 28-32% VPIP at .50/1.

The 'loose' recommendations in SSH are for 6-8 players per flop. THAT ain't gonna happen online (except maybe at Pacific, which is tortuous slow play).

But the PLAYERS online still aren't all that great even if some are a bit tighter. Because you have a decent population of knowledgeable players, you have to make adjustments to that.

KO