Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Three Rebuy Hands

Hey Guys,

Thought I would post two hands from last nights rebuy. Comments appreciated. Sorry no converter, does the converter work for any of you on pokerstars hands?

Hand 1:

Villian is UTG, and raises allin to 65k. Blinds 3/6k. I sit to his left, with 133k, holding TT. Villian was not out of line before this, but I had only been at the table for a short period of time. I was probably the 3rd highest stack at the table. Do you give him credit for a bigger PP, or at best AK with the UTG raise? Or gambool and call 65k.

Hand 2:

Villain has big stack (160k) in this hand. He has been very active, stealing as well as snapping me off a round or two ago. He raises to 24k (3xBB) from MP. I feel this is a good opportunity to snap off a steal. I push from the SB for 80kwith K9o.

Hand 3:

I have about 60k in this hand. Villian has around 80k. I make it 12k (3xBB) to go from LP. Villian who is on the button makes it 32k. I hold KQs, and my table image is probably somewhat aggressive, as I have stolen a few times recently. No real read on the villian so far. What do you do?

Nick
Old 03-27-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Three Rebuy Hands

1) you don't mention the blind size to know how far out of line this was...

It looks like a trap to me and gambling 1/2 your stack on a potential trap seems bad... a precarious move on his part... i take it you called though and were shown something like Jacks or Queens.

2) you don't mention your holding or the blinds, but I do like it

3) you can't just call that raise.. 1/2 your stack would be gone...
And KQs... likely you're either behind, or VERY behind... you either have to push, which is not recommended.... or just pretend you have junk sooted in your hand and were trying to make a steal play...
Get away.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:13 AM

Fixed.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:15 AM

1) now that makes it a really tough problem... if he is aware of the 10 BB rule, then before the hand he had about 10.9 BB's.

however, he still had a pretty healthy stack and his is making the move from UTG in a position of strength...

very very tough here... My balls say call, but my brain says fold.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:44 PM

bump for my horsey.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:02 PM

these are all reads. On #1 I think stealing blinds will be easier than winning this hand. If you had a clue about his play, what he does here with 99-66 makes it hard to say. Honestly, I probably move in with jacks and fold tens, but the jacks may even be a mistake.

#2 - I like it. I would almost prefer T9s but if he actually has a pair that's not AA/KK I think it works out ok.

#3 - Tough to tell if it's a resteal vs. a real hand. In either case, if you push, he'll possibly fold hands that should call. I think you have a reasonable amount of FE here.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:04 PM

Hand 3: if he pushed villain has to call 30k into a 90k pot. I think he has very little FE......at least preflop.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:09 PM

1: I fold. I mean, you are coinflip at best? Maybe? Also you have 7 other people to act, and you are obviously committed to this hand should you choose to play. I think I give a reasonable player credit here.

2: Obviously fine.

3: Obvious fold. You have zero FE. I guess you could stop and go? I dunno, I fold.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3: if he pushed villain has to call 30k into a 90k pot. I think he has very little FE......at least preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew I was messing up a number somewhere. Thanks for hinting at the stop n go, it's another idea.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:21 PM

Hand 1. If you call and he wins you have switched placed with the villain. He will have 130k and you will have 60k.

I would in this spot short stacked, but fold with a the stack size that you have.

Hand 2, I like it. Good thought process.

Hand 3 I would push all in. He wants to resteal the steal.