Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Easiest hand Ever

clearing the party bonus and playing some $1/$2 6 max for a change of pace.

Party Poker 1/2 Omaha/8 (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $1.
UTG (poster) checks, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

River: (9 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Old 03-26-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Easiest hand Ever

You flopped a monster and then drove everyone out of the pot by betting it out right away! That's how I see it - I would definitely slow play that hand as long as I could. Everyone is ready to fold anyway when they see two Aces on the flop and they don't have any. At least you had two callers, probably going for low.
Nice hand, though.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone is ready to fold anyway when they see two Aces on the flop and they don't have any. At least you had two callers, probably going for low.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll let others elaborate.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:57 AM

Nice hand.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:08 AM

I don't think he scared everyone away, only 1 guy folded to the pre-flop raise, way more bets, the only way to get more bets in there would have been to hope for a check-raise, it's limit much better to vote for value. I say good play
Old 03-26-2005, 11:29 AM

After your response I looked more closely at the table - it was online, apparently "6 max". Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something regarding this sort of table since I only play at B&amp;M's - never online, and the tables are usually nine players. I will still say that in a typical B&amp;M nine-player table, with a flop like that almost everyone will fold to a bet unless they still have a valid low draw. If you give them a chance to see another card you might draw some more callers in and build the pot a little more.
Looking more closely at the described hand I can see that he only lost one caller after betting, so it probably didn't make much difference.
I'm surprised you wouldn't think of slow-playing a flop like that.
Also enjoyed your comment: "I'll let others elaborate".
Old 03-26-2005, 12:10 PM

yes I probably would have checked the flop and hopefully let Just trying to get as much money in the pot as possible.

depends on how loose/tight the table is. A bunch of calling stations (which I find in a lot of omaha, then yeah his play was good on all rounds. (I usually play 9-10 person tables as well) someone almost always bets, so I don't mind checking, and almost everyone calls as well, unless they really didn't hit it.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone is ready to fold anyway when they see two Aces on the flop and they don't have any.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're forgetting the wheel draws. Post-flop, all the aces are spoken for, and yet there are three people still in the hand besides our hero. It stands to reason that at least one of them has a pretty tasty-looking low draw right now. Anyone holding 24 or 25 can be relied on to call a flop bet; but without a made hand, they might not bet themselves. Since our hero also has the nut low draw and looks good to collect at least three-quarters of the final pot, he's better off betting and sociliting calls from the other low draws than trying to trap and check-raise -- because who, other than a low draw, is even going to hang around long enough to get trapped?

-- M. Ruff
Old 03-27-2005, 02:50 PM

Hi Matt,

In answer to your questions (in my opinion, that is) -
who would call after this flop once it is bet - definitely you would think only low draws. Possibly those who have pocket pairs or straight draws, depending on the quality of the players.
I say that Hero has nothing to lose by slow-playing the hand. If he waits until the turn to bet, the chances are he will bring along more callers, and these are now BB's. I'm not even talking about check-raising, just gathering more callers for the hand.
Again, I'm talking about games with 9 players rather than whatever that online 6 max game is.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:01 PM

Default Results

MP doesn't show [ 7d, 6h, Js, Jd ] two pairs, aces and jacks.
MP doesn't show 7,6,5,3,A for low.
Button doesn't show [ 5c, 5s, 6d, 7h ] a full house, Fives full of aces.
Button doesn't show 7,6,5,3,A for low.

I'm suprised the button didn't do any raising on the turn to at least try and get someone out of the pot.