Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Taking Notes on Players

Anyone care to contribute some SNG-specific note suggestions?
Old 03-26-2005, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Taking Notes on SNG Opponents

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The best players are constantly changing their game. Completely consistent players are very beatable players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I disagree back. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
But maybe we are saying similar things (maybe the bot comment threw you off). All I meant was the the top players are consistently solid players from day to day. The rest of us mortals will make bonehead plays when we are tired, sick, on tilt, running hot, drunk, etc. Sometimes the average player wants to gamble and sometimes they don't. Top players will rarely be in a "gambling" mood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, then yes, we are in agreement after all. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I was reacting to my perception of the word "consistent" to mean one always (consistently) plays the same cards the same way. I see that is not how it was meant in this instance.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Re: Taking Notes on Players

My notes usually have to do with plays they made that I consider unusual or worth remembering and strong tendencies they've shown. Examples are: limped with a big pair, tends to min raise with a big hand, makes big raises with weak aces, trap checked with TPTK, will call with garbage in lp ... I'll also note other factors that seem important like if the person was short-stacked, postion, how many others were in the pot, if it was early or on the bubble, etc.

I don't really make a ton of these notes. Usually I only do if it strikes me as particularly notable or if I've seen enough to feel I've detected a pattern. Since I multi-table, I also miss making a few that I might have otherwise made due to being actively involved in other hands.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Re: Taking Notes on SNG Opponents

My notes usually consist of "raised to 50 preflop in level 1 with King Jackoff"