Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 11:25 PM

Default WSOP Chips

A while back there was some question about the WSOP chips. I snapped this pick with my phone while playing in the WSOP Circuit at the Rio 3/13/5.

They also had chips like the ones in all the ads for sale. $0.49 ea or $9.99 for 25.

Mike
Old 03-23-2005, 12:25 AM

Default Re: WSOP Chips

There was a custom order for these place through chipco. Mine should be here anyday [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

http://www.cardroomsupply.com/chtpoch.html
Old 03-23-2005, 07:03 PM

These are pretty fabulous Bud Jones V7 chips (note the BJ mint mark on the face). I wish these were made available after the tournament each year, though I probably couldn't afford the price they'd command.

The custom Chipco's that were made to resemble the WSOP's look pretty nice, but they're a completely different type of chip from the real BJs.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:41 PM

I hadn't seen the finished product before. I think they look great, much better than I'd anticipated. I wouldn't want them though.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hadn't seen the finished product before. I think they look great, much better than I'd anticipated. I wouldn't want them though.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, not trying to start a fight, just curious why you would not want them? Is it the quality of the chip, not your cup of tea as far as design goes? Just curious.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, not trying to start a fight, just curious why you would not want them? Is it the quality of the chip, not your cup of tea as far as design goes? Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

No fights, just different opinions. And no offense intended to afficianados of Chipcos. I love the look of Chipco chips, including these tourney chips. But I prefer the feel/sound of BJs or Clays versus ceramics, even if the design isn't as bright.

All the expensive chips are very high quality, and it's a matter of personal preference on looks, feel, etc. (Like BMW vs. Mercedes vs. Lexus, or whatever cars you like.)

Hey, I play with Chipcos lots of time and I'm real happy with them, and I'd feel honored to host a game using these Chipco tourney chips. But I buy clays or BJs when I spend my money on a good set for myself.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:01 PM

Yea, that makes sense. I definitely agree as far as the Bud Jones chips go, I wish they made this set instead of ChipCo and I'd spend the grand on 1000 in a minute.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They also had chips like the ones in all the ads for sale. $0.49 ea or $9.99 for 25.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm confused... they have ads selling these chips for $10 per 25? That seems like a good deal.. What am I missing?
Old 03-25-2005, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm confused... they have ads selling these chips for $10 per 25? That seems like a good deal.. What am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are selling the chips they use in the ads not the ones they play the tourneys with. Like the one at the top of THIS PAGE.

They had maybe 5 or 6 colors. I just picked up 25 or the black ones to give out to friends.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the only reason that I didn't order any is because I don't really like the feel of chipco's. I was looking forward to buying a lot of them until I found out they weren't Bud Jones.