Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 07:53 AM

Default 30k hand stats @ .50-1 time to move up?

i waited till 30k hands so you guys would know these stats are pretty stable i know i need to raise a little more in late position doing to much cold calling on the button with hands like A-J suited instead of folding or reraising, alos my vpip in SB was 45 @ 10k hands when i realized that was very bad so that is on the way down [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] anyway here they are tell me what ya think this was all done 4 tabling [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
30,015 tottal hands
vpip 18.37%
vpip from SB 38.83
saw flop all hands 24.64
fold sb to steal 83%
folded BB to steal 76%
att to steal blinds 10%
won $ when saw flop 24.79%
BB/100 2.71
went to showdown 27.09
won $ at showdown 60.91
raise preflop 5.34%
aggresion factor
flop: 1.48
Turn: 1.74
River: 1.68
tottal .82
anyway there they are, PLEASE comment your observations and give some advice i was good and waited till 30k hands to make a post like this, thank you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2005, 08:18 AM

Default Re: 30k hand stats @ .50-1 time to move up?

hmmm....a couple things:

PFR is too low. like at least 2%, which is pretty significant. You are missing out on quite a few opportunities here, likely in LP.

Your went to SD is too low. I think you have folded a too few many winners. As a result your W$SD is a bit too high.

You are not quite aggressive enough on all streets. Try and get every street over 2. (at the top of the more details screen uncheck the "include preflop when calculating AF" button to get your proper total AF).

After 30k hands, you can likely move up, but recognize that you will have to be more aggressive pre and post flop in order to see continued success at this level.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:49 AM

1: your aggression isn't high enough.

You're going to want to post some hands. Try posting some hands where you have flush draws / straight draws / unimproved overcards, etc.

2: Configure poker tracker so that pre-flop numbers are NOT included in aggression.

This will allow you to use PlayerView with more accuracy when determining your opponents' aggression.

--Dave.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:47 AM

yeah after looking at my stats by position im raising more in early position than late by about 2 percent this is a big flaw i need to work out though i think i will naturally raise more at higher limits as there wont be as many maniacs raising into me still gonna be hard for me to raise preflop more than 7 percent , dont know how to make PT not include PF numbers in aggression.
i have read SSH,WLLH,HFAP,TOP,SS1 and a few other and most more than 2 times and i also deal poker so i think i should be able to become a solid player at 2/4-3/6 though everytime i take a shot at a higher game online i get my ass handed to me, even though i kick the crap out of them at the local B&M playing 3/6
how to post hands here?
Old 03-24-2005, 09:59 AM

Your PFR% is way too long. At 5%, you are giving up a huge amount of EV. Also need to be more aggressive postflop. 1/2 is weak-tight game, you'll have to loosen up and get more aggro if you hope to beat that game. But don't try a new aggro strategy at your new limit, I would suggest working on it at .5/1 before moving up.

[ QUOTE ]
how to post hands here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Read the sticky FAQ.

If you post hands, you should also make an effort to respond to other posts.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:37 AM

thanks for yout help, i actually thought i was playing decent
Old 03-25-2005, 04:50 AM

a) You are running real good.

b) You fold too much postflop. Your WTSD should be like 31%-35%.

c) Raise more preflop. Somewhere between 8%-11% sounds good.

d) I'm not a very aggressive player on average (I can be but I have learned that calling is sometimes a better option to raising). Anyway, my total aggression is a bit less then two. You should probably boost yours up a tad (to around 2 on all streets). But getting too aggressive at the wrong times or with the wrong hands can be very costly. Aggression is something that you have to figure you and it is something that you must employ in certain spots. You will get that as you move along but for now you should probably kick up the rasing and bit.

Brad
Old 03-25-2005, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for yout help, i actually thought i was playing decent

[/ QUOTE ]

You are playing decent, but, like most of us, you can do a lot better.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:34 AM

Sorry but I know the problem here folks. It's as plain as day. You're sticking more to WLLH general strategies than you are to SSH, aren't you? Be truthful! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Throw WLLH out now. I command you!

You're folding too many winners dude. Seriously I don't want to bum you out, but I wouldn't move up yet. You're doing well, but with aggression that low and your folding tendencies you're not going to last. With that said, you're still doing good, so don't take this the wrong way please.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:12 AM

ugh, well i dont think i have been running that well, people beat .50-1 for 4-5bb/100 all the time THAT is running well.
i have VERY good game selection my raising problem preflop is im doing to much cold calling instead of reraising in late position, time for me to start capping it more even with hands like A-J suited in late posistion if i am to get to 7+ percent preflop raising and raising little pocket pairs on the button etc
i think im gonna give it 5k more hands at .50-1 and then 10k hands at 1-2
the part of my game that concerns me the most is stealing/defending the blinds i have HORRID luck and ill try to steal a blind only for them to call and then hit bottom pair on the flop and call me down
i played 400 hands earlier after making some adjustments and my preflop raise percentage went to almost 8 percent more blind stealing and reraising in late postion being the main change i found that UTG i raise 7.5% and on the button i raise 5.1% so that is obviously my problem MORE raising in late position even if it means making it 3-4 bets with hands like A-J K-q suited [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]