Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: If you end up in Tulsa, make sure to . . .

LOL, I doubt I'll be in the mood for BBQ, but who knows! Thanks for the suggestion, at any rate.

I plan on playing some poker in the new Tulsa poker room if I'm healthy enough to do so.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: FYI Post

Best of luck, get well.

Dave
Old 03-24-2005, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Get Well

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks so much, TT.

I'm really becoming appalled at the attitude of so many people in the cancer biz. They are rude and really blase about it. I guess I intend to change some attitudes, but I hate the one being the guinea pig in the process.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent an email this morning asking for that info, none of my "minions" have gotten back to me yet. I am putting pressure on them all, I expect some emails this evening.

By the way, why haven't you tried the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale yet? The best cancer doctors in the world so I hear. If you tell them exactly what you are l;ooking for, including your peronality demands, I'm sure they will introduce you to the right team of doctors.

PS: Just keep in the back of your head that although cancer is a life altering situation for you, to the medical field this is just another everyday occurance to them. They need to insulate themselves from getting mixed up with their paitent's emotions, so they can often come across as rude, crass, or insensitive. Let them know who you are, and what you are looking for in a person as well as a doctor, and those walls might come tumbling down fast.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2005, 04:38 AM

I rarely pray; tonight I will.

Best wishes Felicia.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Get Well

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, why haven't you tried the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale yet? The best cancer doctors in the world so I hear. If you tell them exactly what you are l;ooking for, including your peronality demands, I'm sure they will introduce you to the right team of doctors.

[/ QUOTE ]
First place I tried, of course. They don't accept BCBS, although they can usually get them to pay some of the cost. At this late stage, I would probably be looking at over 100k out of pocket.

If it gets to be a matter of having very low odds of survival, (if my final stage ends up as a IV) I'll pay that much, if not, I'll go with a cancer center that accepts BCBS.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:58 AM

Good luck, and get better soon. If you would like some 2+2 poster donations in the fort mixed game, let me know when you plan on playing. I'll try and recoup what I will donate when we play holdem. My prayers will be with you.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:53 AM

Felicia, there are three cancer survivors in my immediate family so I know first hand some of the amazing improvements in treatment success. I also firmly believe a strong positive mental attitude helped each of them, FWIW.

God bless and good luck to you.

Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts. - Cicero

[ QUOTE ]
Well, this is the last type post I ever thought I'd be making on 2+2, but since this is my favorite poker forum, I suppose I should just spill it anyway.

I've had some bad news this past week. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

It was originally thought in December that I had a small cyst, benign, that needed to be removed. Although the cyst grew, my doctor was still sure it was benign. Last Thursday he told me that it was not benign, and I have a small amount of cancer. On Friday I found out the cancer was a little bit bigger than they originally thought. Yesterday I found out that I'm not even in "early stage" cancer, but in a later stage. Lucky me, huh? LOL [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Um, yeah, I'm getting a new doctor, haha!

Anyway, the best cancer treatment center in Arizona is in Phoenix, which is a 200 mile hike for me, so I don't believe my participation here will be as frequent as normal. Then again, I might not have anything better to do, so I might be posting several times per day. What a bad beat for you all! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The good news is that I'll be able to play some live mixed games at Ft. McDowell while I'm in treatment, lol!

I will try to post frequent updates on my journal, for those who are interested.

Thanks to everyone!

www.felicialee.net

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-26-2005, 03:32 PM

I can't imagine ever not being in the mood for barbecue.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:18 PM

Ma'am if you do come to Tulsa let us texans know and we'll donate to the "Save Felicia's boob" fund at the O/8 tables [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2005, 04:25 PM

Thanks. I have heard good things about the Cancer Treatment Centers of America. They have already preapproved my insurance.

The only holdback is that I might have to relocate to Tulsa for up to two years. I'm not sure I want to do that if I don't have to.

I don't want to turn this into a cancer discussion forum, but if anyone has heard anything about CTCA, please PM me. Naturally I'm not interested in the "testimonials" on their website, I want to hear from patients who have both good and bad things to say.

As far as the BBQ thing, I'm just assuming I'll lose my appetite during treatment. That seems the norm for just about everyone, and I don't have much of an appetite to begin with. But I do love some good BBQ!!!

I think the boob is gonna have to go. It's not 100% right now, more like 99%, lol. The cancer has just spread too far. Thanks for thinking of me, though!

www.felicialee.net