Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 12:03 AM

Default The fear strikes again

Would anyone else slow down their betting in this situation or am I just being a wimp?

Paradise Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (19 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB
Old 03-24-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: The fear strikes again

The only thing I *might* do differently is bet the turn and call down from there pending a read, mainly because it looks like a third player is along for the ride.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:16 AM

i would bet the turn too, it could be a guy with 2 high card diamods buying for a free card and jamming the pot on a flush draw. Bet the turn and call
Old 03-24-2005, 04:31 AM

Bet out on the turn: you don't want to give a free card. If MP1 raises, then I slow down. Check/call the river.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:39 AM

0.05/0.10? I would cap turn and river. Why do ppl play nanolimits other than having fun?
Old 03-24-2005, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
0.05/0.10? I would cap turn and river. Why do ppl play nanolimits other than having fun?

[/ QUOTE ]

that may be true, but then you start developing habits that you shouldn't for higher limits. i agree with the others that the best play would be to bet out the turn and call down if raised.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:31 AM

This is one type of hand I have trouble with. I play mostly 1/2 and 2/4.

I would not re-raise pre-flop, unless you were suited..

why do you all agree that the 3-bet on the flop is correct when the flop missed you? I don't see the pot odds being correct to do that.

I would have called preflop and flop and maybe folded the turn. The turn bet is OK because of the odds but I definitely would not raise.

TIA, tom
Old 03-24-2005, 09:43 AM

What was the outcome of this hand?
Old 03-24-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is one type of hand I have trouble with. I play mostly 1/2 and 2/4.

I would not re-raise pre-flop, unless you were suited..

why do you all agree that the 3-bet on the flop is correct when the flop missed you? I don't see the pot odds being correct to do that.

I would have called preflop and flop and maybe folded the turn. The turn bet is OK because of the odds but I definitely would not raise.

TIA, tom

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm...maybe they play different cards/hands at 1/2 &amp; 2/4, but there is no such thing as suited K pair and i don't really understand where you wouldn't 3-bet with them preflop when you have such an advantage and the flop is good (other than a flush draw and trip Jx).

maybe you misread what he had???? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2005, 10:21 AM

Am I seeing the same hand you are? Suited Kings?

My play is the same as a couple of others here. Bet turn and call raise and check call river. Overpair is still worth betting out on turn imo and only a flopped set or AA (more likely given preflop action) has you beat. Pay it off this time.