Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 08:03 AM

Default This hand really bothers me 4/8nl

I have really hard times quessing my opponents hand in this one.

6 max 4 8nl in prima, I limp UTG+1 with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
with $4900 after UTG has limped with $1100.
Folded to BB($500) who checks.
Flop comes KQ3 suits not important. My opponent who is normal max 6 player, solid winner who is capable of doing some moves, betss $24 utg folds and I miniraise to $48. BB calls. Turn 9 check and I bet $87.48(dont ask [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) opponent calls. River 4 my opponent bets $216....
What is my move?

My image in this point, as usual is loose and I have showed all kind of crazy bluffs. But I have avoided making big bluffs against this player, because he is good, and showing bluffs only works against fishes.

What is my action on river and what did my opponent have?
Old 03-24-2005, 08:38 AM

Default Re: This hand really bothers me 4/8nl

2 opponents to see a 9 turn on a KQx flop, each putting in sizable amounts into an unraised pot. Hmmmmm... K3 good? I highly doubt it.

Give up on the turn here, fold river.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:23 PM

I think you're beat, and I'd probably lay the hand down. As for what your opponent has, well its hard to say. From the BB he could have anything, and while you do have two pair, I don't imagine a solid player (as you described him) is going to do this with less than you have. Maybe TJ or K9. Possibly Q9 but I doubt it.

JKratzer
Old 03-24-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From the BB he could have anything, and while you do have two pair, I don't imagine a solid player (as you described him) is going to do this with less than you have.

[/ QUOTE ]
The most likely *winning* hands I could put the BB on are KQ and JT, but even KQ doesn't make much sense. If he's betting out on the flop, it's to protect his hand against an OESD, which got there on the turn. Much more likely he bet out as a semi-bluff holding JT, and caught it on the turn.

Other than that I don't see what you could put him on that is consistent with his actions, that isn't also beaten by the hero.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:26 PM

Maybe my thinking is wrong, but a more passive line might allow for a less difficult decision: check behind on the turn and call a reasonable bet (maybe up to 1/2 the pot I'd say) on the river. You lose less if you are way behind and make more if he has a naked King or smaller two pair. I'm kind of new to inducing the river bluff, but it worked well for me a couple times last night. Thoughts?

BTW, I am a small stakes guy so take my post with a grain of salt.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:53 PM

he obviously has Q3 and is waiting to knock you over with the bb special.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:53 PM

J10 seems most likely, given his smooth call on the turn and push on the river. But KQ wouldn't be surprising either.