Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 06:12 AM

Default Weak, Wise, or Wacky?

Villain in this hand is a 29/4, but I only have ~50 hands on him, so this may not be very telling...

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Flame Away - Jags
Old 03-24-2005, 06:16 AM

Default Re: Weak, Wise, or Wacky?

If your going to consider a fold make it on the turn to the three bet, do not wait until the river. If you make it to the river for one extra bet you need to call. I would have played this hand more passively after a three bet on the flop if I am not capping the flop which I might do here. Second you only lose two bets instead of three or four if you go into a defenseive position which is a lot of the time the worst play. So cap the flop and bet out.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:09 PM

terrible play. im sorry, but you cannot fold there for one bet in a 14bb pot. especially calling the 3bet on the turn. its just...silly. you are getting 14 to 1. You dont know this player, 50 hands is not enough to gauge. I dont care if the laydown in this case was correct, you shouldnt make it. Sure he has a set. most of the time. I think its a crying call that it sucks to make, but...I dont see how you can be &gt;94% certain that he has you beat. Isnt there a &gt;7% chance he is out of line? I understand why you made it...i just think if you call the threebet on the turn...you HAVE to call the river.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:36 PM

Are you kidding?

What's your party screen name?
Old 03-24-2005, 06:37 PM

even money says CO had QQ
Old 03-24-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
terrible play. im sorry, but you cannot fold there for one bet in a 14bb pot. especially calling the 3bet on the turn. its just...silly. you are getting 14 to 1. You dont know this player, 50 hands is not enough to gauge. I dont care if the laydown in this case was correct, you shouldnt make it. Sure he has a set. most of the time. I think its a crying call that it sucks to make, but...I dont see how you can be &gt;94% certain that he has you beat. Isnt there a &gt;7% chance he is out of line? I understand why you made it...i just think if you call the threebet on the turn...you HAVE to call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good response. Once he 3-bet the turn, I was like "[censored], I'm beat." Then I convinced myself that if he had KJ I had outs if either of the other two cards paired, so I called hoping to for that to happen or for me to catch an elusive ace. Once I missed and he bet, I was like this is an auto-call I always make, and maybe I shouldn't. To be honest, I think I am more than 94% certain he has me beat here. Maybe I'm crazy. But I basically announced that I had a big pair by the way I played the hand, and I don't think I have him beat here even 7% of the time.

Anyone else care to chime in? - Jags
Old 03-24-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you kidding?

What's your party screen name?

[/ QUOTE ]

My screen name is Jags1878.

Feel free to follow me around because I am so bad you will make tons of money off me when I make horrible plays like this. I lose 3BB/100 right now, but I'm trying to work on it.

See you at the tables.

- Jags
Old 03-24-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
even money says CO had QQ

[/ QUOTE ]

If there was some way to prove this, I would bet a significant amount of money with you. But since there isn't, I'm just blowing smoke I guess.

You think that a guy who only called a preflop raise with QQ with go 3-bets with it when a K spikes on the turn?

What?

- Jags