Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 07:56 AM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.
Default AQo unimproved all the way

Table is full of fucktards.

This player will call with anything. She bluff bet a river that had 3 jacks, the player with the fourth jack raised AND SHE CALLED! (with Q high)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Our Brave Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Our Brave Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Our Brave Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Our Brave Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Our Brave Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 03-23-2005, 08:08 AM

Default Re: AQo unimproved all the way

Given your previous description of Villain, I think that your river bet is OK here.

An overpair to the flop would almost surely raise on that flop (or a lower pocket pair for that matter). Turn is an obvious brick. On the river any pair makes a fullhouse so that person would probably realize this and raise if they had an overpair of some sort. It seems like you can value bet AQ high against this opponent as there are plenty of worse hands she might call down with including: worse Ace high hands, two face cards, or Queen high (lol).

I could see her just calling on the river if she had a 5 though. A thinking player might realize that if Hero is betting on overpair, then just calling with the 5 saves a bet. But if Hero is betting overcards and Villain raises his eights full of fives on the river, Villain is not likely to get called by too many worse hands (except possibly AK depending on table image). With all that said, I don't think a 5 is likely to be in Villain's hand due to the flop and turn action.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:09 AM

I would check the river and snap off a possible bluff, otherwise I play the same.

What do you do if she raises the river?
Old 03-23-2005, 08:58 AM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.

Fold.

And I guess I forgot to add some of my read. She was cold-calling all of my preflop raises. So group her in with the rest of the fucktards.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:05 AM

I think that's why I wouldn't value bet my Ace high, cos I know some fucktards who would bluff raise that river, and I would end up paying off a crappy 8's full of 2's, and that would make me hate myself....
Old 03-23-2005, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that's why I wouldn't value bet my Ace high, cos I know some fucktards who would bluff raise that river, and I would end up paying off a crappy 8's full of 2's, and that would make me hate myself....

[/ QUOTE ]
Crap, you're right. I guess I should have thought about that 3 Jacks hand when I got to the river.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:47 PM

I like it, and think you played fine

the only question here is the river, as the other 3 streets are standard. Youve said she has bluff bet before, but was that after calling down the whole way? I like value betting my ace high in this spot and getting calls from Q and J high rather than checking and hoping she takes a stab at it. I think a bluff happy player would have taken a shot at this turn, since she didnt I go with the value bet. But thats read dependant and you are the one who was playing with her.

p.s. I call a river raise

p.p.s. fu[/i]cktard is my new favorite word [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]