Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Took a lot of grief - how was my line?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Took a lot of grief - how was my line?

i play it the same.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:20 PM

Standard. Very nice.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i play it the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

No question...great hand. Let's see the rest. Took grief...what...catch the straight and beat a set or 2 pair?
Old 03-23-2005, 12:23 PM

I think it's fine, although to be honest I think most of the time UTG+2 has two pair and then gets scared when you 3-bet. I think that's what a typical party player has/would do. I don't think he is raising you with a king, lower kicker, but he also probably doesn't have AK since most people would 3-bet preflop.

My guess is you're looking at two pair, but they're now scared you have a straight, probably ignoring the fact that you raised PF.

Given the action I think betting the turn is okay and you're probably to have to call a bet anyway if you check.

On the river, obviously bet if you hit, and I would also probably bet even when you don't, as like I said before, I think these guys will bet out if you check, but you may run into some really weak players that will fold two pair if they think you have a straight.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but you may run into some really weak players that will fold two pair if they think you have a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but you may run into some really weak players that will fold two pair if they think you have a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not often. Maybe 1% of the time, but if the action will be the same if he checks and calls, this is 1% more of the pot that he gets.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:28 PM

I don't see a problem with it. You have TPGK and a couple draws.

No one reraised you preflop, so you can't be worried about AK or KK. If someone has 2 pair or a straight, you have outs.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not often. Maybe 1% of the time, but if the action will be the same if he checks and calls, this is 1% more of the pot that he gets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just saying they won't fold two pair. I'm still betting the river though [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2005, 01:12 PM

I will cordially accept and encourage the criticism offered by three pre-flop cold-callers. And now they're upset ... delicious. Good table selection.