Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: My Tiki Chip Design (link fixed)

[ QUOTE ]
I like the design... they are fun. Very cool - I like the way you subtly worked in the suits & joker. I don't think the edge spots need an anchor unless you refering to a color on the face. I'd do something cool with the edge spots as opposed to a simple stripe and vary them... I always liked the Crystal Oysters spots. I guess you could work a design into the band if you thought you needed an anchor. I like the diagonal strip idea just don't like them all to be the same.

I think the white chip needs a little work it seems to stand out from the others... I'd almost nix the white chip and make it a gold (or orange?) chip as you could use the blues as $1's plus white's got a better chance of getting too dirty.

I'd look at making the wrap a darker more contrasting shade than the middle bkg to see if it highlights the figures better. The red chip's a little like that as the wrap red differs from the inner bkg red. Also wondering if the lines on the wrap should be gold to match the figures base color??... that might be a little much but I'd have to see it.

Well that's my random first thoughts. Nice job on the design... it grows on me the more I look at it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

- Fins

[/ QUOTE ]

Those oyster spots are cool. Like I said, I kind of want to go with diagonal stripes, which might prevent me from using gradients, but I'm thinking of a pattern on each that uses a base color, a highlight or darker color (both from the color of the chip), and the gold color of the tikis. Varying the with is something I'll have to play with, too...

I tried gold lines on the wrap; I thought it made the chips look too busy and confusing. Maybe I'll dig one up and post it...

Interestingly, when these are printed out, the outer bands read as lighter than the interior chip in most cases (it didn't work with red, which is why that one is darker), and it makes the chip feel less edge-heavy to me. I'll take another look at darker patterns, though.

Thanks to everybody for the feedback. I don't want to add to the growing number of "group buy" threads here, but should anybody be interested, I'd love to place a bigger order.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:42 PM

Here are my final designs--I've added a chip, and you can see I'm going with some diagonal edge spots. I'm pretty pleased with the way they've turned out...

For those of you who have asked about buying some of these... The price will be around a buck a chip (unless I get a surprising rate of return from those people I've been talking to[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]) but I'm happy to let everybody in who is interested. I'll be placing the order this week, so be sure to let me know if you're in (I'll be PMing you if you've PMed me already).
Old 03-22-2005, 08:52 PM

Picture's not working...
Old 03-23-2005, 12:49 AM

Pic is not up.
Design is really great. Original, funny, and very well executed. I am jealous. I am working on chipcos and yours put mine to shame.

Can't wait to see the end result.

Leonard
Old 03-23-2005, 01:31 AM

I like these a lot. Coolest chipcos yet, in my opinion.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:34 AM

Will Chipco do edge text in different colors? This is just another option to throw into the pot:

If you can't decide on an edge spot that you really like (or maybe you want to *include* this idea), see if you can get edge text written in an accent color for each chip. That might break things up a bit.

I'm lovin' the Tiki theme! I just starting drawing up plans to build a Tiki bar at my girlfriend's pool. Tiki is the way to go for any party!

sv
Old 03-23-2005, 01:35 PM

Default I can\'t see the final picture either

I can see your original design in the first post of this thread, but I just get a white box with red X for this post (Show Picture didn't work either)
Old 03-23-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: I can\'t see the final picture either

Yes--I screwed up the JPEG. This one should work:

...Sorry, all.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:23 PM

That is a very nice looking set of chips. Are you going to allow anybody else to purchase these chips? I would definitely like at least sample of each for my chip collection.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is a very nice looking set of chips. Are you going to allow anybody else to purchase these chips? I would definitely like at least sample of each for my chip collection.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Anybody who wants to order some should let me know right away. If you just want a few for your collection, I'll order the extras and sort it out with you when they arrive. Anybody who wants more (a full set) will be purchasing through the retailer, but we still have to do it as a single order, and I'll be placing said order by Friday at the latest.