Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Opening a New Account for Rakeback?

I signed up for a lot of sites before I was aware of rakeback sites. Has anyone else done this before and then opened up another account in order to get a rakeback deal at that site? I'm not sure how to solve the situation. If I really like a site and want to play there more, but it does make sense financially when I can play at another site at which I have a rakeback deal.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Opening a New Account for Rakeback?

Rakeback is not discussed these forums anymore.

First the affiliates were banned, then IGM starting eliminating affiliates entirely because people are doing exactly what you are trying to do.

Rakeback is intended to bring in new customers. Most of the posters on this site realize if they keep helping people avoid the rules, everyone might lose their rakeback.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:52 PM

Ahh....makes sense. Just sucks when you realize how much money you're missing out on.

You would think that sites would be happy to offer the rakeback to frequent customers in order to maintain their business...
Old 03-22-2005, 06:56 PM

Its was discussed here
Old 03-22-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You would think that sites would be happy to offer the rakeback to frequent customers in order to maintain their business...

[/ QUOTE ]
well seeing that poker sites don't officially acknowledge that rakeback exists, it would be hard for a customer to try and use it as a bargaining point.

the primary tools that sites use to maintain customer loyalty are reload bonuses and frequent player point programs. virtually every bonus structure that I know of pays significantly more than 25% rakeback on a per-hand basis, and I'm sure every zoo member knows at least 2 sites where there is a virtually bottomless supply of 10c bonii available at anytime. While I agree with you that high volume/high limit players who blow through standard monthly bonuses in a few hours have little incentive to stay at any particular site afterwards, it's obvious that the industry does not view universal rake reduction or rebates to be the solution in their best interest. grey area be dammed, FPP value is what the sites seem to be emphasizing the most right now.