Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 02:04 PM

Default MORONS

No this isnt a post on some moron capping pre flop with rags, then proceding to crack my aces.
This is solely about the morons working for party poker. More specificly the accounts section. Where are these people situated? I have a feeling they run it out of India, but not positive.
Anyways, i tried to open an account the other day. was fine till they froze my account due to them wanting proof of identity. Sucks that im studying in Spain, but managed to get the stuff(that they asked for) faxed.

blah blah blah, 4 emails later... 1 involving them saying they received my documents(from canada) and all i needed was my passport. sent my passport, three emails, receive one today saying they never got it. going insane.

Same thing happened when i opened an account under my mothers name. Lost documents etc. eventually they said sorry and opened it.

So how come the biggest poker room on the planet has the biggest morons on the planet working for it??

*just got an email saying they still need my passport, next line it says to please send the required DOCUMENTS to ...

why is it in plural form? morons.

im gonna lose it, another 4 euros to fax to the farm.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: MORONS

I see these posts all the time and wonder why I've never had to send any proof of identity to any site.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:23 PM

Well - the first thing that raises a red flag (imho) is when he said, I am in Spain... but obv the account address was in a different country.

At this stage with an online site, they are simply making sure nothing untowards is occuring... but yes, they could be more competant about getting things sorted once the info is sent.

Rom
Old 03-22-2005, 02:39 PM

as i said, i understood them wanting proof of indentity.fine. but 6 emails, three faxes. and now as i write this im trying to fax to the number for 9th time and it keeps rejecting it. Class.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Same thing happened when i opened an account under my mothers name.

[/ QUOTE ]
funny, the guy admits opening accounts under family members names, but then has a fit when Party wants to make sure he is who he says he is.
Could someone post a link to the definition of irony?
Old 03-22-2005, 03:22 PM

Funny, i never said i had a problem with them wanting me to prove who i was.In fact i am enthused with the fact that they are so tight with security. Problem is with the people securing things.

Spend your time doing something productive rather than going around forums looking for posts to make wisecracks at.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:20 PM

maybe they're just dicking you around for fun because they realize you are opening flase accounts just to steal from them?
Old 03-22-2005, 05:24 PM

Now that ill go for.

*update*, after two phone calls and 13 fax attemps i was given a new fax number which went worked after only three attempts.
currently happily whoring.