Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Pacific Poker????

And only one table at a time right? And although the games are soft which is good for a beginner, you won't necessarily learn how to improve your play. I just used the free $10 to play a $5 SNG and although I won I had to play on their level which is just haphazard at best and stupid at worst. Not fun, not good for my game, and it took me half my 800 stack and 10 minutes to realize I had to forget most of what I've learned here. I feel so dirty.

But for a complete beginner, for whom one table for real money is quite an adventure, it's OK. IMO.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:04 AM

I have been there for a week. I am only there to clear the bonus. Personally I dont think completely awful. The software isnt the greatest and it is definately buggy. Cards frezze in mid deal or (and I really hate this one) you will go to showdown and there will be a really loooong pause before the cards are flipped over [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I actually found the limit games to be a little to tight but maybe that was just when I was playing. For the NL and SnG's I found them to be really soft.

I have yet to cash out yet from this site. I should finish the bonus by the end of the weekend. I guess I'll see how I make out.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:11 AM

I am probably one of the few here that still sticks with Pacific after 2+ years; 100% due to the easy pickings at the lower limit tables....... I would not recommend anyone putting much money in there to start ($50 is all I've ever deposited). I also would never play high stakes, NL ,or tourneys due to the frequent disconnects. The bonus system is a joke; dont waste your time with that approach either.
All that said, you will not find softer tables anywhere at the 1/2, 2/4 limits.....if you want cheap, lazy profitable poker, its the place to be.
They are like the easy girl you go to at the end of the night after hitting up and failing with all the hot chicks; she always puts out, you just have to close your eyes to everything else.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:35 AM

I've never been disconnected there. I'll play there until I clear the bonus. A few months ago they put $10 in my account but I needed $11 for a tournament so I quit playing until just a couple weeks ago when they put another $10 in my account. Then I made my first deposit of $100 and received a $50 bonus. That's $170 with $70 of it the money they gave me. After just a few sessions at .50/1 I'm up to $223.
I don't like the looks of the tables. Very dark. I can't scroll back thru the chat to see how the hands played out. The winning hand stays up too short. You can only 1 table. But I do like the hand history where you can go back and see your hand history with pictures of cards and I think you can replay them.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:42 AM

If you plan on playing at Pacific, make sure you don't tilt easily. The abundance of terrible players that follow all the way to the river make for a higher amount of bad beats than elsewhere, and that is probably why some people think the site is rigged.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:08 PM

I can only comment playing the lower limits (.5/1, 1/2) full tables there in the last month.

Everything about the site is awful (the software, the speed, and especially the players).

I deposited $125, got some sort of match I think it was $40. Then I got a deposit $25 get $25 bonus as well. So I got $65 in bonuses and I'm up to about $425 after playing there for about a month.

I'd say I've done about 500 hands total because you can only get in about 30-40 hands an hour MAX on the tables.

I can't comment on cashouts since I haven't done it yet. I handle the slowness of the play by also playing at another site.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:36 PM

The software is not great, but IMHO it's not worse than a lot of other sites.

Customer support is below average.

No multitabling sucks.

There are stories about Pacific not taking action against colluders.

Still, Pacific has been my main site for almost a year and I'm not planning to leave soon.

/twang
Old 03-22-2005, 01:51 PM

I posted something last week that I think you're referring to. I was complaining about the "table balancers" on the Omaha Hi tables, and how you can never find a full table. I'm not saying that they are actually cheating, though.

Terrible site, terrible software. Bad players, though, if the software doesn't drive you away.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:04 PM

I played at the butthead site for about 4 months semi-fulltime about 80 to 100 hours a week. The games were as fishy as the guys are whining about. I suspect these players are micro-players as the 1/2 and below levels are still super stupid but the higher levels are fairly tight now. More book reader types. I went back last fall for about 2 weeks and left the games were extremely weak tight and the morons were spread out because of the increased table selection... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2005, 05:23 PM

It's already been mentioned that Pacific not are known for striking down hard on colluders. As you can see below, they are pretty liberal when it comes to playerhandles too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

/twang