Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Strategies against players who don\'t give a damn.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Position is key against these players. Don't get agressive against him untill the end of the hand. He'll be in no matter what. Let him bet into you and only stay in when you have the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's horrible advice. We are talking about limit. You can't make up for missed value bets by showing aggression on the river, particularly if you wait for the rare times you have a very strong hand on the river. You don't need anything close to the nuts to be ahead of a nearly random hand. You need to press your advantage, not throw it away.

It's very easy to win against calling stations. Bet for value. Don't bluff. Don't slow-play. Position is not very important against a calling station.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great advice too....The problem is that this guy would call with any suited cards or Ax. Granted he did get VERY lucky when I pushed the pot and he outdrew me, it just seems that you have to have the nuts against this guy so that you can survive the early rounds and then push him out when you get a decent chip stack to be able to afford the outdraws he makes against you.
I will try a variation of both recommondations and let you know how I make out this week