Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 03:14 AM

Default On a mission...

I am making the switch from NL to limit...and I have decided to focus on shorthanded games(5 handed on PokerRoom) and I think that I have been basically playing way to many hands and been showing way to much aggression. I have been bluffing and tilting way to much also, but mostly just playing way to many hands and bluffing way to much.

So my question is this...what type of hands do you typically open pots up with? What type of hands do you usually defend your blinds with?

I have been playing nearly all Ace-rag hands and it hasnt gotten me in trouble to much but I have only played about 2 thousand hands. It has been profitable so far but I think it might start to get me in trouble.

I have been playing all suited cards that connect from 56 up in unraised pots. I have also been playing all the blackjack 20 hands and I am starting to think that playing these hands is correct most of the time unless someone raises.

I have been starting to fold most of my junk out of the small blind(84o,94,24) and this seems to always be correct. My big blind defense is probably very high because I always see that I am getting like 7-1 preflop and always just take a flop. Is this correct? I dont think it is...

This all pertains to very low limts(1-2 right now) and there is basically no bluffing at all(my downfall) I have a pathetic showdown percentage from people calling me down with bottom pair when I have AK.

I have been typically raising with AK-A10 from all positions and I think I have been loosing A LOT of money by betting the flops when I miss.

The game has a max of 5 players and if often times 3-4 players. I am basically just looking for an overview of peoples starting hand requirments and hands they usually open the pot with. I am understand this is a very broad question and it is also very player and situation dependent but I am just woundering if anyone has any insite or can point me towards any other threads on this same topic. I dont have pokertracker(i know...im retarded) so I dont have any signifigant stats...but I have only played about 2K hands anyways...thanks

As I look though this post I realize a lot of my questions have to just to do with limit in general and I am going to post this there also.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:18 AM

Default Re: On a mission...

There is a decent starting hand chart here somewhere, you can search for it.