Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: PP 100 NL Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you of called the bet in my position. He put in a bet of 3/5 the pot which definently looked like a value bet and the raise on the turn looked like he had something.

[/ QUOTE ]

you really have no idea what he has because of how you played the hand. you showed a lot of weakness there by checking the flop after the PF raise and then betting less than half the pot on the turn. he could be raising with absolutely anything...

preflop is really the only street that i think you played correctly. you should have followed up on the flop with a bet. heads up you should bet this just about everytime (more for metagame considerations). if you're against 2 players you might consider checking if they're either extremely LAG or huge calling stations, but generally you should still follow up with a bet.

on the turn, you hit your hand. bet the pot, if he raises your pot sized bet, then you might consdier slowing down..it depends on your read.

i really don't know what i'd do on your river because i wouldn't have gotten there in the same way, but i still think you need to call. the weakness you've shown makes me think you're looking at a bluff a large enough percentage of the time to make calling correct.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:13 PM

Good advice I think I understand now. The only thing is that it seems that my semi bluffs never work at this low limit online. Everytime the flop comes without an A or a K when I raise preflop with AK my flop bet never works. Also what do you recommend betting on the flop there. Also the flop looked a little scary and I didnt want to bet into it.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:03 PM

You can go ahead and fold to the raise on the turn. Either you are drawing dead or to 3 outs.

If it was me, I'd have pot the flop. Probably would have lost more than you did...
Old 03-20-2005, 11:16 PM

Bet the flop, bet the turn, fold to a reraise.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:50 AM

How much would you bet on the flop and the turn. It just seems that every reasonable preflop hand would either be ahead of me or would be drawing to a good hand. Only AK without them both being diamonds would probably fold on the flop. The other player could of had pocket unders and would also fold then too but I also think that that player would just check and fold the entire hand so after the flop and possibly turn I would probably be able to pick up on that or maybe put them on AK or AQ which would call until the river with a draw anyway. Anyway the board looked really scary and the only hands I would be able to push off on the flop are AK without two diamonds and pocket unders.