Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 09:23 PM

Default Re: 99 5-10 6 max

I'd think they need to be pretty bad to make this a bet here but that isn't out of the question in these 5-10 games. With that being I think hero's line is best and agree with you.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:36 PM

Very true.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:41 PM

I always bet this river. Sometimes I lose but that's life -- I've got two customers that are hungry to call with any piece of the board I'm gonna win much more than the times I'm called and lose.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is unlikely that anyone has the 8 because both players just called the flop, no raises. So I'm not that worried about an 8. I think the BB probably has a big club he is drawing to. The random bet out when the board pairs by UTG usually means that he has a baby pair and thinks it is good because the top card paired and doesn't want to give a free card, or some random weird bluff because it was a scary card. These guys won't fold if you raise them when they do this if they have a pair. It's no secret a liar doesn't believe anyone else.

Either way, once nobody 3 bets on the turn I think my hand is good on the river and I am going to value bet. I expect the BB to fold and UTG to call me with some small sort of pair. If either of them raises the river, I bail. It is possible that UTG has the 8 and is scared of the flush, or the BB is slowplaying quads or a boat or something wacky like that. But far more often you get paid off by UTGs pair of 4s or whatever to make a bet worth it IMO. I suck though.

[/ QUOTE ]

For once I agree with rory (nice analysis too). And schnieds sums up perfectly why you dont worry about the scared weak 8.

And I think raising the turn is far far better than calling. You still have a player to act, and youve got a hand to protect.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its very close on the river. I might have found a bet but I have no real problem with checking behind.

Edit: I think finding a bet on the river in a spot like this is almost always opponent dependent.

-Brad
Old 03-21-2005, 11:16 PM

I like raising the turn since this game tends to be so passive. Once the other guy coldcalls I would actually plan on checking any non 9 or 8 river behind. I think either of these guys could have you crushed, that's just the way the game is playing right now. The random turn bet outs seem to be more legit than usual. If I was in a 10/20 or 15/30 6 max game I'd actually be more inclined to bet the river here. The turn bet out is now more often a weak pair/draw than a "better than overpair hand". You are more often 3 bet on the turn by just about any better hand.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:29 AM

Default result

sb had K4o w/ the K of clubs and utg took it down w/ red KTo for a pair of kings on the end.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: result

[ QUOTE ]
utg took it down w/ red KTo for a pair of kings on the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why the 5/10 is so profitable, heh
Old 03-22-2005, 12:10 PM

I would bet the river and fold to a raise.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:37 PM

I think this is a pretty easy river bet with two opponents as long as you can fold to a raise. That random bet on the turn usually means either a flush draw or the paired eights made UTG think is random five or pp was good. You will be ahead when called well more then 50% of the time IMO.